• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Versaworks ripping but not printing

dirtydog50000

Out of the blue my Versaworks will rip a job, go to print..it starts to process and after 30 seconds it disappears from the que. Has anyone ever have this happen? I reset everything 4 times but nothing seems to help.

Paul

kanini

+1 what player said. What printer and OS do you run? We have the same issue now and then with an SP-300V with USB connection, but sometimes clearing out the job queue resolves the problem, sometimes it just fixes itself after reboot...

splizaat

+1 what player said. What printer and OS do you run? We have the same issue now and then with an SP-300V with USB connection, but sometimes clearing out the job queue resolves the problem, sometimes it just fixes itself after reboot...

same setup and same occasional problem here. What's REALLY sketchy is when versa works prints fine (with crop marks) we wait a day, laminate and put it back in the machine to cut and it shows in queue for a second then disappears and doesn't cut. No way in hell I'm reprinting the job, so we re-add the file and set it up the exact same and it works fine that time.

kanini

same setup and same occasional problem here. What's REALLY sketchy is when versa works prints fine (with crop marks) we wait a day, laminate and put it back in the machine to cut and it shows in queue for a second then disappears and doesn't cut. No way in hell I'm reprinting the job, so we re-add the file and set it up the exact same and it works fine that time.

Found out one day when I had this problem I had TWO instances of VW running, when I closed VW normally only one instance closed and the other still showing active in task manager. Forced the remaining instance to close in task manager and restarted VW, and it worked properly. Don't remember if I've seen this before or not, but worth checking that if you stumble upon the problem again. Now the printer has been running fine for a while again, but you never know when it starts acting up again.
I also replaced the antivirus program with a lighter one so perhaps that's also helped... Strange problem indeed.