• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help Versaworks Slow Rip

jsalda

The last couple of weeks, I've noticed that VersaWorks all of the sudden has been getting slower and slower on RIP speeds. Adding jobs to a queue is taking much longer also. Seems like jobs that used to rip in 5-10 minutes are now taking 45 mins, and I'm not exaggerating. Nothing has changed that I know of, all hardware is the same. The only thing that may have happened is a Windows 10 update. Anybody else noticed this or have any ideas how to fix?

timgo

Graphics Designer
The last couple of weeks, I've noticed that VersaWorks all of the sudden has been getting slower and slower on RIP speeds. Adding jobs to a queue is taking much longer also. Seems like jobs that used to rip in 5-10 minutes are now taking 45 mins, and I'm not exaggerating. Nothing has changed that I know of, all hardware is the same. The only thing that may have happened is a Windows 10 update. Anybody else noticed this or have any ideas how to fix?

Install your RIP software again.

jsalda

Install your RIP software again.
So, after spending all afternoon trying to get VersaWorks to install properly, I finally got it installed and updated to 5.5. There's a slight delay (2-3 sec) before the job even shows up in the queue with a progress bar, and everything still seems slow. Maybe I just need to get a more powerful CPU to run the software?

rjssigns

You don't need a fast computer. Our main rig for VW is closing in on ten years old and uses XP. Runs it just fine. What will slow it down is having a ton of jobs in the queue, which has been our experience.
Something else you may want to check. On our system VW will open and try to run in the background. In essence its trying to run two copies of itself and it will slow way down until it crashes.

jsalda

Hmmm, I'll have to check the background processes. I didn't think I needed that fast of a rig, as it used to run just fine. Since I reinstalled, the queues are virtually empty, so that isn't the issue. I'm seriously thinking that Windows 10 made some updates that have affected it. I need to turn off Automatic Updates and just leave it be once I figure out what the issue is.