• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Versaworks SP300V - Increase Ink?

GW

Hi All,

New to Versaworks as I was using the Wasatch software previously. Is there a setting in Versaworks to increase the ink density? I've messed around with a lot of the native profiles and I've been using the MAX Density US setting, but the inks just aren't deep enough. My blacks are consistently grey.

I'm using version 4.4.2 and printing on Convex High Bond matte vinyl.

Thank you.

wwpro

Not expert here, but you can edit your profiles going into the Media Explorer. Duplicate the one you're using for that material and play with the settings, increasing the ink in your case

GTSTech_1

Max Density is used when linerizing a profile. Try Max Impact, if you need more saturation try overpinting, or a different profile.

my .02

GTSTech_1

GW

Max Density is used when linerizing a profile. Try Max Impact, if you need more saturation try overpinting, or a different profile.

my .02

GTSTech_1
Thanks - I tried both Max Density and Max Impact with similar (poor) results. I'll try setting overprint to "2" and see what happens.

Thank you!

petepaz

what is your setting for the black color swatch you are using. i have gotton files from customers and they looked black on the screen but didn't print deep black because of the %'s in the illustrator file they sent me. i use 100% k that usually gives me a good result. i have also used the over print with good results but let it out gas longer then normal before you laminate ( usually i only have to over print on backlits or when i print white ink)

GW

Thanks all. It's a SP300V and the decals aren't laminated. I've tested different blacks, but it's not only the black that's faded looking. All colors are the same.

petepaz

if all the colors are having this issue maybe it's the profile setting you are using
what material are you printing on and what profile setting are you using?

SublimeGraphics

Hi All,

New to Versaworks as I was using the Wasatch software previously. Is there a setting in Versaworks to increase the ink density? I've messed around with a lot of the native profiles and I've been using the MAX Density US setting, but the inks just aren't deep enough. My blacks are consistently grey.

I'm using version 4.4.2 and printing on Convex High Bond matte vinyl.

Thank you.

We run this material using the MCVP profile that comes with VersaWorks on "Standard" Works perfectly on both our sp-540 and our rs-640.

+1 for checking that you have your black set to k-100....alternatively for vinyls that seem washed out looking we use C-20 M-20 Y-20 K-100. But have never had this problem with Convex

GW

We run this material using the MCVP profile that comes with VersaWorks on "Standard" Works perfectly on both our sp-540 and our rs-640.
Thank you for the tip - I don't see a MCVP profile, do you happen to know the filename? All the files in the drop-down on the "Quality" tab are "SPEcoMH_xxxxxxxxx.icc", but none of the xxxx's include "MCVP".

Thanks again.

SublimeGraphics

SPEcoMH_MCVP_v720x720N.icc

or MCVP : Matte Calendered Vinyl (ESM)

on mine you have to go into media explorer to see the actual icc file names