Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Versaworks SP300V - Increase Ink?

Discussion in 'Roland' started by GW, Sep 16, 2012.

1. GW

GW Member

Jan 24, 2010
    Hi All,

New to Versaworks as I was using the Wasatch software previously. Is there a setting in Versaworks to increase the ink density? I've messed around with a lot of the native profiles and I've been using the MAX Density US setting, but the inks just aren't deep enough. My blacks are consistently grey.

I'm using version 4.4.2 and printing on Convex High Bond matte vinyl.

Thank you.

Tags:
  2. wwpro

wwpro Member

Apr 21, 2009
    Not expert here, but you can edit your profiles going into the Media Explorer. Duplicate the one you're using for that material and play with the settings, increasing the ink in your case

3. Max Density is used when linerizing a profile. Try Max Impact, if you need more saturation try overpinting, or a different profile.

my .02

GTSTech_1

4. GW

GW Member

Jan 24, 2010
    Thanks - I tried both Max Density and Max Impact with similar (poor) results. I'll try setting overprint to "2" and see what happens.

Thank you!

5. tomence

tomence Very Active Member

Feb 10, 2009
    IL
    Which Roland do you have

6. petepaz

petepaz Major Contributor

Feb 14, 2007
    NJ/NY/PA
    what is your setting for the black color swatch you are using. i have gotton files from customers and they looked black on the screen but didn't print deep black because of the %'s in the illustrator file they sent me. i use 100% k that usually gives me a good result. i have also used the over print with good results but let it out gas longer then normal before you laminate ( usually i only have to over print on backlits or when i print white ink)

7. GW

GW Member

Jan 24, 2010
    Thanks all. It's a SP300V and the decals aren't laminated. I've tested different blacks, but it's not only the black that's faded looking. All colors are the same.

8. petepaz

petepaz Major Contributor

Feb 14, 2007
    NJ/NY/PA
    if all the colors are having this issue maybe it's the profile setting you are using
    what material are you printing on and what profile setting are you using?

9. We run this material using the MCVP profile that comes with VersaWorks on "Standard" Works perfectly on both our sp-540 and our rs-640.

+1 for checking that you have your black set to k-100....alternatively for vinyls that seem washed out looking we use C-20 M-20 Y-20 K-100. But have never had this problem with Convex

10. GW

GW Member

Jan 24, 2010
    Thank you for the tip - I don't see a MCVP profile, do you happen to know the filename? All the files in the drop-down on the "Quality" tab are "SPEcoMH_xxxxxxxxx.icc", but none of the xxxx's include "MCVP".

Thanks again.

11. SPEcoMH_MCVP_v720x720N.icc

or MCVP : Matte Calendered Vinyl (ESM)

on mine you have to go into media explorer to see the actual icc file names

12. scuba_steve2699

scuba_steve2699 Member

Dec 11, 2006
    if you do not see the MCVP profile - do an online manual update of Versaworks and it should load it in for you.