• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

VersaWorks

PWJL

Hi, I am using Versaworks Version 6.8.2 with with a Roland VS-640 running TR2 inks via SignLab 10, in versaworks i quite often use the Cut image Boundaries function in the cut menu to make weeding a little easier of multiple images that are the same, lately it has been putting the cut border directly on the edge of the graphic, previously it would leave a small border of approx 2mm, does anyone know if there is a specific setting in versaworks to define this offset

White Haus

Not a Newbie
I don't believe there is an offset setting but if it's going right on the edge, then it's doing what it's being asked to do.

One way to get around this would be to add a bleed / bleed limit when exporting your print files. Another thing you could try would be to add margin marks with a small offset in VW, then the image boundaries will now be considered that larger area. I'm not sure if it would cut right on the marks however, so you might be left with a portion of the marks on your print.

Hope that makes sense, still working on my first coffee...

Welcome to Signs 101 from frosty Canada.

Pewter0000

Graphic Design | Production
Hey, as White Haus mentioned above, you can change where that cut boundary is with the margin in VersaWorks. I've done this before to add a larger box around the image.

I believe if you want to add a consistent space around each print, you can go into your queue settings, go to marks, choose "margin marks" from the drop down, change your margin to the desired space, and then put the dropdown back to "no marks". This should affect all jobs that you load from here on out. I think it should, anyway.

Jim Hancock

Old School Technician
I'm presuming you are sending EPS files for print-cut jobs. Go to edit your queue setting, under file format section, set your EPS margin to .1 inch or 2 mm. This will give you back the space you are looking for for weeding.