• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Vertical Adjustment Calibration

ALBANNACH76

Hi all, wondering if anyone could help.

Bought a second hand Cadet Sp750c/ Roland SP300v, unfortunately it was not in very good condition. I've replaced wipers, caps, dampers etc..
The black/cyan head was damaged so managed to source the service manual and replace it (with much difficulty
:frustrated:) but it's working great now, only problem is with the vertical alignment. (i've attached a photo of the test print)

I've followed the service manual but the adjustment screw doesn't seem to do anything. Im not sure if there is pieces missing as i had to purchase some head springs (think for the horizontal adjustment) as they were missing.

Any advice would be appreciated as it seems once one problems solved, two more appear lol.

Cheers

Ross

attachment.php
attachment.php

Attachments

• 20160611_152754.jpg
    20160611_152754.jpg
    18 KB · Views: 713
  • 20160611_152814.jpg
    20160611_152814.jpg
    42.2 KB · Views: 444

woolly

Normal for the head carrier to have seized with dried ink
Things they don't say in the manual before fitting any
head is free up all the adjustments

asd

you need to loosen the 3 screws that hold the head in place don't take them all the way out, then you need to turn the white screw in front of the carriage assembly that will move the head front to back, screw the head back in place do a test print and repeat process as needed, to close the gap between the lines you need to turn the black screw to left of the spring do a test print and repeat process until there in no gap between the lines. you only need to this to the yellow/magenta head

ALBANNACH76

Thanks for the response asd and woolly.

Asd, I've tried loosening the 3 screws on the M/Y head and turning the white screw as the service manual suggested but it makes no difference to the results of the horizontal test prints (regardless of how much/ direction i turn it).

Woolly, if you don't mind me asking but how would I go about freeing up the adjustments as it looks like the previous owner never took much care in cleaning the printer so it could quite possibly be a build up of dried ink?

Cheers

Ross

woolly

The plate you screwed the head too is underneath the chassis plate and should move about a bit so tightening the head screws traps the movement like a sandwich
Loosen the front white screw a bit then slacken the head screws the head should slide back and forth a bit if not then the lower plate has seized
Safest way is to remove the heads as needs a fair amount of cleaning fluid to clean it all up
Notice the plate hooks around the heads are not equal a good place to start
Don't know the sp300 to well but normally the black head is fixed and you adjust the other head to it

ALBANNACH76

Cheers Woolly :thumb:, removed the heads and it was exactly as you said, the plate had seized due to a build up of dried ink..
finally got it aligned :rock-n-roll: and working great.

thanks again

Ross