• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help Vertical Banding on Canvas Prints - HP Latex L26500

Steve Shaw

Hey Guys

I am struggling with vertical banding and initial dark patches on canvas prints. I have a HP Latex l26500.

Settings are in the image below along with some examples of the banding. Sometimes there is a much darker patch (when on high ink) at the first 200mm approx of the print, shows up like a dark stain. You can see this in the images too. So it appears that high ink causes this 200mm dark patch at the beginning and low ink causes vertical banding.

Im using Sai Flexi RIP, Metamark canvas. What I have noticed is that the media when it comes out has ridges. Looks like the cause is the rollers inside the printer. Is this a heat issue?

Thanks Guys, pulling hair out at the moment!

Attachments

• DSC_4217.JPG
    DSC_4217.JPG
    2.9 MB · Views: 517
  • DSC_4219.JPG
    DSC_4219.JPG
    3.8 MB · Views: 382
  • settings.jpg
    settings.jpg
    464.1 KB · Views: 324

Ian Stewart-Koster

Older Greyer Brushie
I can't help, sorry, except to say I've put canvas through our L25500. Onxy rip.
The big problem I had was carriage strike at both edges of the roll - it was really appalling - but the actual prints themselves were lovely.
Did you do a head clean & alignment before you ran the file?

unclebun

The print that shows a lightening after a few inches looks like ink starvation. And in general, it looks like not enough ink is getting on the media.

SBlakey

Large format operator
Increase saturation, and run more passes. And run Unipass. That will be a profile issue Id assume

Franklin

I can't help, sorry, except to say I've put canvas through our L25500. Onxy rip.
The big problem I had was carriage strike at both edges of the roll - it was really appalling - but the actual prints themselves were lovely.
Did you do a head clean & alignment before you ran the file?

Hey Ian, Franklin here. Question did you figure out the carriage strike issue?

I wish these models has edge holders!

I made this thread today due to my substrate carriage jams

Substrate Jam Clean Carriage Reflector HP L25500 Question

if you have any advice id love to hear it

Thanks in advance