• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Very Long Sign - need some ideas

duggan

Alright, I have a customer who wants a 48 ft x 4 ft sign. He has already bought the boards, 6 boards each 8ft x 4ft. I have no problem designing it, but where I am having difficulties is how to print it. Should I try to cut it up into different sections, each overlapping a few inches, in Illustrator and then print them like that? Any ideas are welcome!

dlndesign

you may want to print a small overlap just for registration, if its going to be a complicated sign, if its just wording, I would stick to 4x8 as well, depending on your comfort level.

Letterbox Mike

Let the RIP tile it in 4x8 sections, just make sure the boards are exactly 8' long and make sure you mount as accurately as possible.

Artgunner

I would had paint it if the design is not to far out in left field. 48' sounds like big letters to me. Brush and rollers. I did 14' x 48' billboards for years as a pictorial artist. Pre printers.

Art