• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help VG Core error

stCarter

I have a file which I can not open in CorelDraw.
It was created a few years ago using CorelDraw 7.0 on a PC running Windows 7
I have installed CorelDraw on my current PC running Windows 10 and I get the error: VG Core error
The progress bar at the bottom gets to 30% before the error message appears. I can load and save new files without problem. Any suggestions?
TY for you time and attention

unclebun

I found this in Corel's forum:
Do you have (A) "Print only current page by default" enabled in Options > Global > Printing, or (B) enabled "Current page" in the print dialog and saved the setting as the new default print style? You may get this error message if either of these is true.

Oliver0021

1. Check for Windows updates. If updates are available, please install them and reboot your computer as prompted.
2. Make sure that both the 64 and 32 bit versions of Visual C++ 2012, 2013 and 2015 are installed.
Go to Control Panel ► Programs (or Programs and Features)

upload_2018-4-26_20-24-2-png.266316

3. At the end of each repair or installation, you will be prompted to restart Windows. When prompted, please select “Restart Later” until all installs and repairs are completed.
4. Run a repair for any current installations of Microsoft Visual C++

Select Microsoft Visual C++ ► Right click ► Change ► Repair
5. Reboot computer
6. Launch CorelDRAW
For any issues related CorelDRAW product contact Corel Support and get help by experts immediately.
This thread will walk you through CorelDRAW file recovery the process.