• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

VG540/Versaworks Background colour disappears!

Ymmit

Printing banner 10' x 3', yellow background with black text. Roughly 18" into print the background colour stops printing.

Have tried both generic banner profiles with pdf & level 3 eps, all with the same result. Also tried Generic vinyl just to see if it made a difference but it just drops the colour in a different spot.

Tech guy seemed a bit perplexed. Told me to initialise application, which I've done but hasn't made any difference.

I'm just going to use a bitmap to get the job done but any thoughts on what causing this?

VG 540 2.70
Versaworks dual 1.6.11

Attachments

• IMG_3283.jpg
    IMG_3283.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 172

bulldozer

it looks like some sort of clipping mask that magically appears in files. we do some carmax banners that do this. we just raster it and print.

papabud

Lone Wolf
yes my suggestion would be to look at the file and remove any stray boxes. could be a transparency issue which will create random boxes

Ymmit

That's what I thought it may have been but there weren't any stray boxes. Tech guy has said to re-install Versaworks and manually update it. Not sure there's any point but I'll give it a go.

Sidenote- I wish I'd discovered this site before we decided to change our XC540 for the VG540:rolleyes:

Mainframe

This is software issue, There are some kind of crazy layered transparencies in your file. I've seen this many many times while running my VP 540, just open the file in illy or Corell and export it as a tiff or jpg. 150 dpi should be plenty. After that it should print fine.

Ymmit

Should have mentioned that I'm exporting to Versaworks directly from Signlab 10. Definitely no other boxes in the file. The only transparency I thought there might be was an outline/hairline. See pic,

Piece on the floor is with a black hairline..started printing black where the colour dropped out yesterday. Piece in the middle is with hairline same colour as background, no colour drop out and piece at the top is with grey hairline.

I'd guess there's something going wrong during the RIP?

Attachments

• IMG_3285.jpg
    IMG_3285.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 169