• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Vinyl color - Shadow Black (Mica)

2ny

Hi.
I have recieved question about a 2-stripe vinyl on a Ford Transit utility vehicle that the car shop was not able to fix for the customer. They got the wrong color for the stripes, and as this is just a few pieces missing in the front, it was kind of important to get it right. I have just had one glance at the stripes, and they look very similar to Orafol anthracite, but this was not quite right. The color is named Shadow Black (Mica) in the internal system at Ford -I got a page from their internal catalog. This did not help me.
The shop could not tell me what vinyl the original decals are made from either, so this turns out to be of some guesswork. The vehicle is in Norway, so this may be a color only available in europe. Anybody has any suggestions about this would be appreciated.

Best regards.
Tony

unclebun

Shadow Black Mica is a paint color, and because of the mica flakes is apparently even hard for body shops to match as a paint color. I doubt there is any vinyl which would be that color.

2ny

Shadow Black Mica is a paint color, and because of the mica flakes is apparently even hard for body shops to match as a paint color. I doubt there is any vinyl which would be that color.

I suspected that this referred to a paint color, but this is still the name it has in the internal description at the Ford shop. Someone has made a decision to use a vinyl of a particular color and brand on the stripes, and it is amazing that noone knows wich. I should think this would come from the factory itself.