• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Vinyl Cutting and RIP Software questions

MatthewTimothy

We have an old old old old old copy of Casmate with the key. It works decent. We are getting a new Mutoh but I am stuck in deciding on the rip. We have Adobe 5.5, we went to the ISA show and found some really nice RIP software from Onyx. One we found was a direct plugin to Illustrator. Im curious to know what you guys think on this?? Get Flexi and use as our RIP and vinyl cutting software. Get Onyx Thyme, or get the plugin for Illustrator?? I would like to get a new Graphtec plotter and a plugin for Illustrator. Just wondering what you guys think.

Bill Modzel

If you're getting a Graphtec plotter and designing in Illustrator, using their CuttingMaster plug in works very well.
Do your layout, put your cut lines on a separate layer, use cutting master to set your registration marks. Hide the cut layer when saving so it won't print. Print from whatever RIP you want.
Load your print in the Graphtec and manually move the knife into the area of the first registration mark. Hide the print layer and turn on the cut layer and send to cut via Cutting Master.

Bill Modzel

I work 1:1. Whatever I print to cut needs to fit in the plotter so scaling doesn't save anything. One thing you can't do is downscale your file very much as it shrinks the size of the registration marks and may move them too close to the actual cut lines.

CS-SignSupply-TT

Matthew Timothy, have I got some GREAT news for you! According to SAi, your OLD Casmate key is equivalent to Flexi Pro 7.x; therefore, you can UPGRADE to Flexi Pro 10 for $1395 Here is a link to Flexi Pro 10 www.flexi10.com Thank you for the opportunity to help.