• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Vinyl Express GRC61 plotter driver

ABCDecals

ABCDe-Cals
Can anyone help me? I want to just hook my laptop to the cutter but I don't know where the Driver for the USB cable is.

I do have a call into SignWarehouse.

thanks
Kevin

Jim Doggett

Hi Kevin,

I seem to recall that the GRC-61 USB is not supported and that you need to connect via serial or a USB to serial adapter.

I'll double-check with our support in the morning. But I think that might be the issue.

Best,

Jim

strypguy

Jim is right. I have that model. I use a serial port. I have also tried the serial to usb but it randomly lost the connection so I went back to serial port only.

Nice little cutter though, it's been a good worker for me since 2002.

John

Tony McD

I'm on my second GRC-61 cutter and it's hooked up usb.
First one was struck by lightening.

Mine is hooked up to xp with a serial to usb converter cable that
I got from signwarehouse.
It has worked fine for about eight years with no problems.

I'm also using LXI 6.6 v1 software with usb dongle.
I did have to download a usb hasp driver, so the computer would see the dongle.

You might ask signwarehouse about the serial-usb converter cable.
Works fine for me.

mpa1971

Hi Kevin,

We recommend using a Keyspan brand USB adapter for this type of connection.
We stock and sell the Keyspans. I pasted a link below to an article on the support website (www.signwarehouse.com/support) below that has instructions on how to set the Keyspan up once you have it:

http://www.signwarehouse.com/support/index.php?_m=knowledgebase&_a=viewarticle&kbarticleid=116

You can contact sales or order the Keyspan from support at (800) 966 - 1783. You can also email support directly at support@signwarehouse.com if you have any other questions.

Thanks for the question!

Best Regards,

Mike Akard
Signwarehouse, Inc.
Technical Services Manager