• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Vinyl Express q130 Photo Interrupter. Please help me find this part, bypass. LG217D-3

g&eprinting

Vinyl Express Q-130

Photo interrupter
Cam sensor

LG217D-3

This is the piece that when you put you pinch rollers down another mechanical arm blocks the middle of it and let's the plotter know the pinch rollers are down.

Any way to bypass this as well. Tried mutiple configurations and seems to know the ohms and give the beep noise but blanks the lcd panel.

http://www.epartshub.com/upload/cmpy/00000011/img/00000011-LG217D-3.jpg

Last edited:

g&eprinting

If you take off the right panel it's the small piece that is interupted when you lower your pinch rollers, called graphtec and signwarehouse, Ithink I am on my way but now the lcd is showing 2 rows of squares all the way across.

WOW.

LCD was reading "load media" after I lowered pinch rollers. I know it's that sensor because it acted funny yesterday and I raised and lowered the pinch rollers until it read.

Oh well no extra work this weekend!

401Graphics

Thats not good! Well if you dont have a back up cutter and you feel like driving an hour here, you are more than welcome to come cut on mine.

g&eprinting

Thank you very mucho Sir,

I only have 100 decals to do and I already die cut them then premasked and I was going to have the cutter kiss cut them for me, which I usually do by hand. That's what I get for trying to be slick.

Thanks I should be ok, still have the hoopty back-up plotter.

401Graphics

Thank you very mucho Sir,

I only have 100 decals to do and I already die cut them then premasked and I was going to have the cutter kiss cut them for me, which I usually do by hand. That's what I get for trying to be slick.

Thanks I should be ok, still have the hoopty back-up plotter.
I tried setting up the kiss/perf cut thing once. Too much of a pain in the *** to set up perfectly.

g&eprinting

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5YvqRFsarmw&list=UUi-q0sFG1VebYNQNks9H-7w&index=34&feature=plcp

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4x3ueCxtcjo&list=UUi-q0sFG1VebYNQNks9H-7w&index=33&feature=plcp

Skip the software details and just use this to set up plotter.
I usually send 2 files one of contour cut and one kiss cut and send them separately.

Use a white square or outline around whatever you are cutting and use that as registration.
Contour the job.
Then return to first reg mark and start new contour job and change plotter to enable perf.
Then just "print and cut" the outline or square by itself the same size as before. (contour only in flexi)

So the inner contour cut line first, copy image clear that contour cut and add contour cut to the outline. 2 files sent to production manager. Using same reg marks for 2 cuts.

If anyone knows how to do this with one file in flexi please post.

Last edited: