• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Vinyl Express Q42 plotter issue

Wompasprez

Just started having this issue last week with my plotter. Wasn't sure where to go and ask. Sign Warehouse wants an arm and a leg to answer any tech questions. Everything works like its suppose to when I go to cut except the knife holder doesn't move. It just stays in the same spot and hovers above the vinyl. So basically it goes through the motions and doesn't ever cut as the knife never touches the vinyl. Wasn't sure if this was a mechanical issue or a technical issue. Any info would be appreciated.

Thanks

bannertime

What program are you using to cut? There are settings in some programs and on the plotter itself to "show" the cut process. It runs through the whole cut to check for errors basically. I'd look around for something like that.

Wompasprez

Flexi is what it cuts out of. I've looked through all the plotter settings and didn't see any that would make it do that.

bannertime

Have you checked to make sure you cutting on your normal conditions?

Edit: No problem. Figured that's what it was.

waximoff

Found it. You were correct. There was a little tab that said show me. Thank you very much!

Where did you find the tab? I'm having issues with my q100 skipping some cuts.. figured I'd check out that tab before I started my own post about it.

Thanks!