• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Question Vinyl Express Q54 Contour Cut

pitkrew9697

question on my Vinyl Express Q54.... trying to calibrate my ARM sensor. Signwarehouse thinks this is what it needs. I have followed their not so good instructions on this and when contour cutting, I'm still getting a white line around my design. It's not all the way around.. it usually is at the top. I have put a negative cut on the design so that it will cut into the design but to no avail. Any suggestions? Thank you

bob

It's better to have two hands than one glove.
If your cutting multiple images is the error cumulative? In other words does the error get larger the farther away from the origin?
If so the it's the plotter's feed calibration, assuming that Sign Warehouse junk has such a thing, or some other mechanical malfeasance.

If not the it's probably the mark sensor do blade distance setting. Once more assuming that a low rent Sign Warehouse plotter has such a setting.

Merely because the Graphtec, which if memory serves, is the manufacturer of the Sign Warehouse Q series plotters, might feature these sorts of adjustments is no sign the the less capable Q series do also. But the perhaps they do,

pitkrew9697

question on my Vinyl Express Q54.... trying to calibrate my ARM sensor. Signwarehouse thinks this is what it needs. I have followed their not so good instructions on this and when contour cutting, I'm still getting a white line around my design. It's not all the way around.. it usually is at the top. I have put a negative cut on the design so that it will cut into the design but to no avail. Any suggestions? Thank you
It doesn't seem to make a difference if it one sticker or many. I've tried adjusting the ARM sensor many times so am at a loss. I will try your suggestion. Thank u !!

TDFcustomSL

All I can say, is good luck...I fought mine for 4 years off and on. Last month I finally had enough and bought a Summa S2 T140....couldnt be happier. Dead on cuts every single time.

pitkrew9697

I owned same machine. Put it on ebay for sale and get a summa
Thanks for replying everyone. I did a larger sticker today like 30 x 7 and it cut fine. When I got down to the smaller 6x 5 ones it couldn't have been more messed up. It's frustrating for sure

Patentagosse

Everything I print has a 1/16" to 1/8" bleed all around so that way you never get "white line" after misaligned cut. Just saying...

pitkrew9697

Everything I print has a 1/16" to 1/8" bleed all around so that way you never get "white line" after misaligned cut. Just saying...
Yep that works too. However .. then this happens: a half inch black outline around my logo is a 1/4 inch in one side after cutting for example (which is what I want ) and the left hand side of the logo there is no black outline at all because it all got cut off. So what's worse ..white or getting the border cut off ?