• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Vinyl Express Q54 Y position issue

After I load a roll into my cutter. When I push the button for the carriage to size the material. My carriage travels one direction only and crashes into the right side pillar on the cutter and I get a (e01019) Y position off error.

Recently over the past few month my cutter would do this on occasion (2 - 3 time a week). This morning I fired up my machine and successfully loaded and cut one file. Now I cannot get the material to size at all. EVERYTIME I size the material my carriage crashes into the right pillar, and I get the error.

If anyone has any insite or my have experienced this issue it would be greatly appreciated.

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
I have never seen that model but I believe it is similar to the Graphtecs. There should be a sensor towards the right side of the machine that senses when the carriage has made it back to the home position. It will look like a little black horseshoe type sensor and a metal piece on the carriage will go through the horseshoe and when it does it should tell the machine that it is in the home position and stop before hitting the wall. If that sensor is broken or just has a ton of dust build up, it will cause this issue. You can clean it with alcohol and a lot of times that will fix the issue.

VanderJ you are the man!! There is a piece that horseshoe piece passes through that got bumped loose some how and was out of position. PLEASE let me know how I can tip you MY MAN! If you can accept paypal tips let me know where to send you a little something for your knowledge.

I have never seen that model but I believe it is similar to the Graphtecs. There should be a sensor towards the right side of the machine that senses when the carriage has made it back to the home position. It will look like a little black horseshoe type sensor and a metal piece on the carriage will go through the horseshoe and when it does it should tell the machine that it is in the home position and stop before hitting the wall. If that sensor is broken or just has a ton of dust build up, it will cause this issue. You can clean it with alcohol and a lot of times that will fix the issue.

If anyone experiences this in the future here is an image of the piece that got bumped out of alignment. (the silver piece)

One screw holds this sucker in place. If there were 2 screws there would be no WAY this would ever happen.

Attachments

• 20180105_135118.jpg
    20180105_135118.jpg
    3.9 MB · Views: 406