• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Vinyl Express Software for 64-bit

conwaycopies

Hi everyone. I know this is highly unlikely but i figured i would ask anyways. Does anyone use Vinyl Express LXi vinyl cutting software? and more importantly, use it with a 64-bit version of windows. We've been using it for several years and it's worked great for our needs but i just recently upgraded my computer to windows 7 64-bit and did not think to check that program for compatibility :( SignWarehouse (where we bought it) says on their website that they don't have support for 64-bit but i just wanted to know if anyone has found a workaround for it. Thanks for any help.

mollygrubber

Somebody will know better than me, but I understood that if you upgraded Windows 7 to Windows 7 Ultimate that it woud work. I am computer ignorant so check with Gimemehelp.com. He could tell you anything about it because it's made by Flexi.

Good Luck

Stealth Ryder

What version of LXi do you have, this is the question? If you are trying to run say 7.5 then the answer is no and you need to upgrade. If you are using 8.5 then you are good to go...

Jim Doggett

What version of LXi do you have, this is the question? If you are trying to run say 7.5 then the answer is no and you need to upgrade. If you are using 8.5 then you are good to go...

Indeed, version 8.5 is needed. If you don't have it, you can upgrade by calling 800.699.5514. The upgrade price depends of which level / version of Vinyl Express LXi you have currently.

Best,

Jim

RebeckaR

We are currently running Lxi 7.5 with Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit. It was necessary to install the virtual XP that is available from the Microsoft website.
It is necessary to install the program and the hasp driver from within virtual XP. There are a couple more little tricks, but you can pm for more info if this is what you choose to do.

Tony McD

I'm running VE 6.6 v1 on a windows 7 pro machine, with virtual pc and xp installed.
Other than a couple extra steps on startup........it works fine.

conwaycopies

I am using version 7.5 Master. I would much rather not have to upgrade at this point if I can get away with it. RebeckaR i'll be sending you a PM to get some more information on installing with virtual xp. Thanks everyone.

Bradster941

We are currently running Lxi 7.5 with Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit. It was necessary to install the virtual XP that is available from the Microsoft website.
It is necessary to install the program and the hasp driver from within virtual XP. There are a couple more little tricks, but you can pm for more info if this is what you choose to do.

If you have the time, it would be much appreciated to write up those steps and post them in this thread to help others in the future..:thumb: :thumb: