• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Question Vinyl install on Dasher boards

cmhaynes6

Super Psychedelic Mojo Master
We have an opportunity to install vinyl onto Dasher boards for a local hockey team. It seems pretty straight forward (3'x10' flat surface) but I wanted to throw it out to see if there are any tricks some of y'all might have picked up and could give me a heads up.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

702 graphics

We have an opportunity to install vinyl onto Dasher boards for a local hockey team. It seems pretty straight forward (3'x10' flat surface) but I wanted to throw it out to see if there are any tricks some of y'all might have picked up and could give me a heads up.

We did all the in ice logos and dasher boards for the Las Vegas Wranglers (ECHL)
We found calendared air release vinyl with a 2.5 mil lam was the best lasting.
We could make it most the season only replacing high traffic boards (Benches)
One year we used high tac w/ floor lam and had to replace the whole arena half way through the season.
If you are only installing a few boards I recommend putting clear Lexan over the print to ensure longevity.
web1_hkm-wranglers-jun14-16jh_011.jpg

cmhaynes6

Super Psychedelic Mojo Master
We are doing 52 of them. The apparently the league has designated printer in Connecticut, we are simply installing. The sample they gave me looks to be a calendared, clear adhesive, with a thick laminate (3-4 mil). I just didn't know if you might have found some trick working with the boards themselves or even working on the ice. We are in Florida, the only ice we have comes from the freezer!

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Wear insulated shoes and socks as your feet will slowly become very cold standing on the ice that long. We've done 3 rinks around here and they don't wanna mess up the ice, so you can't really put anything on the ice, so it's slippery.

GVP

Just finished up 46 of these. If the ice is in, one of these rolling stools will save your back (ask me how I know)

Attachments

• ScreenHunter_438 Oct. 04 16.52.jpg
    ScreenHunter_438 Oct. 04 16.52.jpg
    6 KB · Views: 176

Billct2

Gino's right they don't want you to mess up the ice or get something stuck in it. We use scrap coro to work on and keep out materials & tools off the ice. You will want to go over the boards first to remove puck marks and plastic shavings. A straight edge razor in a holder will clean up the plastic shards sticking up, but again try to keep them out of the ice.

tdupster

We did all the in ice logos and dasher boards for the Las Vegas Wranglers (ECHL)
We found calendared air release vinyl with a 2.5 mil lam was the best lasting.
We could make it most the season only replacing high traffic boards (Benches)
One year we used high tac w/ floor lam and had to replace the whole arena half way through the season.
If you are only installing a few boards I recommend putting clear Lexan over the print to ensure longevity.
web1_hkm-wranglers-jun14-16jh_011.jpg
I know this is an old thread... I have a question on the lexan over the high traffic boards (benches)... What thickness did you use ? and do you install it over the existing dasherboard using the same existing screws ?

Billct2

We use 1/8" and reverse apply the graphics. The edges are rounded over with a router. We countersink and install with existing screws.