• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Vinyl Master Pro font trouble

gtcway

I'm in the middle of transferring VMP 2.5 from my laptop to my desktop. I installed to the desktop and transferred the registration to it and successfully cut something.
I copied all of the design files, which I saved to a Customer Files folder on the laptop to the desktop. Also copied all of the fonts from the VMP cd to the same folder on the desktop.
When I open a saved project, the text is screwed up. It's showing the right font name but is using a generic font from the Windows font folder.
Is there a file on the laptop that directs VMP to the appropriate font folder?
Thanks.

GK

just curious, are the operating systems the same on both systems? microsoft has changed the way fonts are handled throughout their operating systems especially the jump to XP from previous versions.

Techman

did you "install" those fonts? Copying them over will not registyer them into the registry. If not listed in registry then you will never see them work right.

gtcway

Both installs are Windows XP, one Home and one Pro. I use the font manager and when I find a font that I'm going to use I click on Use Now, never did Install them.
I have an idea, I'll check to see if the fonts are in the Windows Font folder. Maybe I need to copy them there for it to work properly?

Techman

Font folder. Maybe I need to copy them there for it to work properly?

don't copy them,, install them.. if just one of them is messed up copying them could create havoc like you wouldnt beleive.

gtcway

I tried installing a couple fonts. It's alot of work because I have to use the font detective to search for the name in the VMP fonts folder. Once font detective found them I clicked on Use Now. The font was correct but the kerning was horrible. I tried both kerning options in VMP but it was still horrible.

What I did was go through each saved project on the laptop, duplicated everything and on one copy converted all text to curves. It might be a problem if I have to reproduce something with altered text but at least I can reproduce an exact copy.

Now I need to get a copy of VMP with the dongle. I make too many changes to my desktop.