• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Vinyl on mudflaps?

bob

It's better to have two hands than one glove.
Anyone had any experience with putting vinyl on mudflaps? Most likely it would be a print of a logo but I haven't seen either the mudflap or the logo as of yet. It would seem to me to be a rather hostile environment for vinyl. Way back a long time ago I have a dim recollection of hand lettering a pair of mudflaps but I can't remember anything about it other than I think I did it once.

Anyway, personal experience, material recommendations, general advice?

unclebun

Most likely won't stay stuck. They make mudflaps of rubbery material for semis, and on cars they are often a non-stick (LSE) type of plastic, and textured to boot.

Notarealsignguy

Arial - it's almost helvetica
My experience is that regular vinyl doesnt stick very well, not sure about high tack. Truck mudflaps are all different, rubber, plastic, different rigidity, textures etc. Hot stamping is best, screen printing is probably a good alternative too.

landdesigns

Anyone had any experience with putting vinyl on mudflaps? Most likely it would be a print of a logo but I haven't seen either the mudflap or the logo as of yet. It would seem to me to be a rather hostile environment for vinyl. Way back a long time ago I have a dim recollection of hand lettering a pair of mudflaps but I can't remember anything about it other than I think I did it once.

Anyway, personal experience, material recommendations, general advice?

Try the Vinyl they use for power plastics( Motocross bike graphics) Several brands out there, I use Oracal 3105.

Stacey K

I like making signs
Convex might work? Get some samples and try it out...I can't imagine it would stick very well for very long.