• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Vinyl on Outdoor Concrete?

ams

Do they make a vinyl that can be applied directly to exterior concrete sidewalks? that can last 6 months?

KMC

Graphic Artist
3M™ Scotchcal™ Film 3662-10
says on the spec sheet for up to 3 months with easy removal (but it should last for what you are needing it just may be harder to remove later on)
or the metal / vinyl asphalt (see attached

Attachments

• YJS100.pdf
    425.6 KB · Views: 155

EffectiveCause

Premium Subscriber
The alumigraphics looks similar to a sample of material we got when we first got our HP 360. We placed a print on the concrete floor in front of the door coming in to the print room. And after 3 years of foot traffic and pallet jacks rolling over it it was still there. It faded a bit but you could still easily tell what was printed on it. This was a permanent material though. After about a week it starts to look more like its part of the concrete rather than something stuck to it.

ams

This would be for a shopping center, it would have thousands of foot steps over it and would get rained on.

ams

3M™ Scotchcal™ Film 3662-10
says on the spec sheet for up to 3 months with easy removal (but it should last for what you are needing it just may be harder to remove later on)
or the metal / vinyl asphalt (see attached

This got me excited but then I saw it's not compatible with Eco-Solvent inks! :mad:

bannertime

Alumigraphcis will work. We put it in a large theme park, specifically in their high traffic areas. It lasted the season with carts, foot traffic, black top asphalt dirt, cleaning, etc. We've been told by the manufacture that a light coating of frog juice will help protect the inks and maybe assist in cleaning. That was our only complaint, but it did the job.

The only place it won't work, is really rocky areas. It'll conform, but the peaks for the rocks will wear to white or develop a hole.

petepaz

we use arlon PDF8000. works pretty good but its a temporary vinyl. should be able to get 6 months depending on the weathering it gets. i have done some real estate signs out of this material and stuck it to brick walls worked out well. (pretty sure some of them have been up for a good 6 months

ams

Alumigraphcis will work. We put it in a large theme park, specifically in their high traffic areas. It lasted the season with carts, foot traffic, black top asphalt dirt, cleaning, etc. We've been told by the manufacture that a light coating of frog juice will help protect the inks and maybe assist in cleaning. That was our only complaint, but it did the job.

The only place it won't work, is really rocky areas. It'll conform, but the peaks for the rocks will wear to white or develop a hole.

I'll check it out, thanks.

Lea Marc

Oracal 3105 High Tac with non-slip lamination? We used that instead of Alumigraphics on a project once.