• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help Vinyl on the awning sign

Nick Nie

Hi All:

We have a customer want to have their new logo on the awning, this awning was provided by landlord. I went to the site to have a survey, the awning material is vinyl awning not fabric awning. i am looking for some advice to install the vinyl on this awning.

First question: this awning surface has some angle from the wall, we plan to use boom lift for installation, but not sure that my arm is able to touch all the area. any suggestion for installation?

Second question: Does regular cast vinyl can be apply to this awning? or have to be special vinyl?

Thanks!

Attachments

• IMG_20190612_184447.jpg
    IMG_20190612_184447.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 380

Billct2

If it's a vinyl awning cast vinyl should work. To deal with the angle see if you can rent a lift that has an extendable floor

unclebun

Tilt the bucket to reach the top. Makes you feel weird with the floor tilted, but then the bottom of the bucket will clear the awning.

2B

you can also use an articulated boom lift for the angle.

take a heat gun and do a good post heat if you want extra assurance

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Make sure you clean it very very well, before putting any vinyl on there. That awning is surely contaminated by now. Also, do not give any kinda warranty for longevity..... as a black vinyl in sun like that is definitely gonna start your vinyl into curling up. At least don't do any full bleeds. I'd leave at least a 1/2" outline around anything going on there.