• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help Vinyl on Wood Doors?

Hot Vinyl

Hot Vinyl
Hey everyone. I have a project that I am having some issues with. I have a client that wants to put vinyl on wood doors. I attempted one and it actually did pretty well until I started to wrap around to the edges. It started to pull on the outer part and make air pockets. I put heat to it and it sucked it down some but it still wanted to pull up. I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions on an adhesive that I can use to secure the outer part first then wrap around the rest the way. I think that might do the trick. Or if you have any other ideas please let me know. Thank you and God Bless.

We've wrapped some doors at a cool event space in our area. Most of the doors were metal, but one was wood. We used IJ-39 with 3M 8519 overlam, worked like a charm (including wrapping around the edges). The wooden door was the only one that ended up with bubbles though. If you don't want to change your material, then there's plenty of options for adhesive promoters and edge sealers out there: https://www.amazon.com/3M-Edge-Seal...A91XSBECFCP&psc=1&refRID=8GC2E4S7BA91XSBECFCP