• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Vinyl Rack

Anatol

Hi Guys,

I'm new in this business and i am still getting setup and learning this business . I was searching for a vinyl rack and realized they are very expensive to buy so i decided to make one.
I still have to paint it . my cost on this was $150 plus 4 hour of my time. some thing similar to this they are selling for $1,300 .

:Canada 2:

Attachments

• IMG_0338.jpg
    IMG_0338.jpg
    49.5 KB · Views: 210
  • IMG_0344.jpg
    IMG_0344.jpg
    58 KB · Views: 176
  • IMG_0346.jpg
    IMG_0346.jpg
    53.6 KB · Views: 199
  • IMG_0347.jpg
    IMG_0347.jpg
    54.1 KB · Views: 180

tiredcreations

Looks great. I've been considering building something like this but I read somewhere that manufacturers recommend vertical storage. Can anyone verify this? Also, I think it would limit dust build up on the less used materials.

Anatol

Looks great. I've been considering building something like this but I read somewhere that manufacturers recommend vertical storage. Can anyone verify this? Also, I think it would limit dust build up on the less used materials.

My Supplier told me you should keep all the vinyls horizontal. That is why i built this .

Patentagosse

Nice work! I would need like 10 of these to fit my inventory... (you will too)

About 10 years ago, I decided to get 3 double-side vertical racks to get all my cast rolls (used for computer-cut graphics & letters) organized. They are sturdy and save a lot of sq.ft because they consist of 3 units of 24"x24" that hold 60 rolls each! As I jumped into digital, I had to built 3 others myself to store my 30" printing medias and now that I've swapped my SP-300 for a VS-540, I'm getting 54" rolls standing next to the printer. 'Will have to go back to work soon to design some new rackings...

Here's few shots of mines (color vinyls - digital medias - striping rolls)

Attachments

• New shop_3 (Large).jpg
    New shop_3 (Large).jpg
    44.2 KB · Views: 149
  • P1010004 (Large).jpg
    P1010004 (Large).jpg
    50.8 KB · Views: 168
  • P1010005 (Large).JPG
    P1010005 (Large).JPG
    96.9 KB · Views: 168
  • P1010007 (Large).jpg
    P1010007 (Large).jpg
    68.4 KB · Views: 156
  • P1010008 (Large).jpg
    P1010008 (Large).jpg
    71.5 KB · Views: 171

tcorn1965

Hi Guys,

I'm new in this business and i am still getting setup and learning this business . I was searching for a vinyl rack and realized they are very expensive to buy so i decided to make one.
I still have to paint it . my cost on this was $150 plus 4 hour of my time. some thing similar to this they are selling for $1,300 .

Have you seen GG's Rack? :loveya:

MatthewTimothy

About 10 years ago, I decided to get 3 double-side vertical racks to get all my cast rolls (used for computer-cut graphics & letters) organized. They are sturdy and save a lot of sq.ft because they consist of 3 units of 24"x24" that hold 60 rolls each! As I jumped into digital, I had to built 3 others myself to store my 30" printing medias and now that I've swapped my SP-300 for a VS-540, I'm getting 54" rolls standing next to the printer. 'Will have to go back to work soon to design some new rackings...

ive got three of those right now!

Have you seen GG's Rack? :loveya:

:noway:

Anatol

Very clean office and organized :)
Picture #4 . are they rolls of aluminium for channel Letters ?

Patentagosse

'Can't see what you're talking 'bout... on pic #4, it's my striping tape racking (they were previously both installed in the back of my van before moving into my new shop).