• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Vinyl slip on Lynx24

ATXsigns

I have a used Lynx24. It's been working fine but on some longer prints with a border, it zooms really fast to cut the straight lines and sometimes will slip off the wheels and destroy the whole cut. Crap!

Is this just a wheels age issue or is there a max-speed setting to consider?

There are no problems with <3ft stuff.

tks guys

(No need to bash the h/w, no budget yet.)

Jackpine

Not familiar with your cutter, but I would slow the cutting speed a bit and move the pinch rollers in, if you can, so it will stay on the vinyl. Lining the vinyl "square" to the cutter is very important in long cuts. I hope this helps.

Pro Image

I don't have one of those cutters but I would think to slow the speed down on the longer cuts............I never run my cutter at full blast for that same reason.............

If its not the speed issue you might need new pinch rollers............

grafxxx

slow it down and check to see if your rollers are dirty. if you put some vinyl under the rollers sticky side up you can get some of the dirt off but again like every one said slow down...

ATXsigns

Tks guys, I'll look at the settings again. One of the wheels looked dirty too. Dang. I trashed two 48in runs this morning. argh.

JCteesOhio

make sure the rollers are aligned with the rough spot of the feeder, some of this machines the feeder have spot cover with a tape that feels like sandpaper, that is where you need to set your rollers matching those spots.

ATXsigns

I have the rollers over the friction wheels. This is my first batch of orcal 651, maybe its more slippery on the bottom paper.argh.

I cleaned the wheels with IPA and lined everything up again. I checked the flexi setup, the production manager setup and even set the cutter dip switches on heavy-media for slow speed. I can't find where to slow this thing down.

Just wasted another 48in argh!!!!!!! Third botched 4ft run. Crap!!

Jackpine

I have the rollers over the friction wheels. This is my first batch of orcal 651, maybe its more slippery on the bottom paper.argh.

I cleaned the wheels with IPA and lined everything up again. I checked the flexi setup, the production manager setup and even set the cutter dip switches on heavy-media for slow speed. I can't find where to slow this thing down.

Can you slow the speed down from the control panel on the cutter or in the Flexi setup? Does the "dip switch" have more than 2 settings?

ATXsigns

The dips settings:

Blade offset
Media Weight
Media Weight: Heavy/Light >> Thish SHOULD do it, but it has not helped the zooming effect.
Auto Unroll
Media type: roll/not
Quality: Smooth/Draft

ATXsigns

Ok, I slowed it down finally, but it will not track straight at all. Tried to measure the edge of the vinyl with a ruler and it looked fine. Still, at the end, it drifted about .25in on the X axis for a 48in long banner's border.

Crap crap and crap!

Looks like I better try new wheels asap.

VinylCraft

tracking

Take a look at the back of the pinch rollers. up on top theres 2 springs on each. Are they there?

Check out.
http://www.signs101.com/forums/showthread.php?t=14672&highlight=lynx

Ok, I slowed it down finally, but it will not track straight at all. Tried to measure the edge of the vinyl with a ruler and it looked fine. Still, at the end, it drifted about .25in on the X axis for a 48in long banner's border.

Crap crap and crap!

Looks like I better try new wheels asap.

47CP

ATX,

I have one of those, though it is now backup since we got the flatbed Graphtec.

I could never get very good tracking on long cuts. One of my productsi is 6' long and I fought this issue from the beginning.

My only solution was to always put the material against the right side of the plotter and to also cut off the length of material from the roll first, then put the material halfway in the plotter before dropping the pinch rollers. Then, when it cycles the material forward and back and I could watch and make sure it was tracking well.

HTH,

DaveW

signage

Try cutting the material a little longer than needed and load it into the plotter and leave enough on the front edge to wrap around the bottom of the potter and square this to the remaining hanging down the back and give it a try manually feeding the material and see if this helps.

ATXsigns

Tks guys. Well by the time I ran out of freakin 15yds of vinyl for this stupid border, I was down to one final sheet, so I used the single sheet as aligned with the ruler. Still went off track even though going slow. I took off one of the wheels and am looking for replacement ones like they offer for tape n reel machines, etc. I found some polyurethane ones that cost about $60 each, but not in the right size. I be those would last 5yrs!! I'm stubborn, I'll look a bit, then buy the new assemblies from SW.

freshdesignfast

We run a straight line of blue masking tape on our machines so we can line up the edge of the vinyl anywhere with the cutter head so the vinyl tracks straight. Good Luck!