• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Vinyl Slitter

stew1tx

Centex Wraps and Signs
ALL, Looking to buy or build a vinyl roll slitter. Picking up a client that will have a bunch of roll stock in various widths of the same printed pattern. So, I know the old ORCA laminator had knives however none of the ones I found had them anymore. Looking at options. Also, have some surplus equipment like a jv2-160sp printer and a Seal 62 Ultra cold laminator I will be selling. Might sell my mimaki cg-130fx cutter to get a 160 too.

decalman

I looked all over the internet for a slitter couple years ago. Not much out there that's cheap. I thought of making one from a lathe. Turns out, I don't need one anymore.
Good luck finding one.

Starter

A chop saw will/can work ....but if you are slicing reflective material...especially high intensity... the heat of the saw can melt the adhesive and cause issues.

stew1tx

Centex Wraps and Signs
I can't Imagine running a toothed blade too cut down vinyl, especially printed vinyl. I suppose it will be laminated but still haha. I'll probably end up making one out of an old laminator. I guess I could leave in full width then convert down by hand but what I planned was to say print a full roll of say 30" media and cut a roll length of 16'" and a roll length of 12" or a whole roll of 54" and cut 3 16" rolls and another roll 4 12" rolls. Or I could just do it the old fashioned way lol