• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help Vinyl That Any Pen Can Be Used On

KH

hi - for my customer i need to make some vinyl decals/stickers that can be written on with any pen. Most of the vinyls I have you can only use a sharpie or the like, but they need to be any ball point or gel pen imaginable. Matte preferred. Any suggestions? I'm using a Versacamm.

Edit - they probably won't be laminated. Very short term use being placed onto other paper products.

Last edited:

GaSouthpaw

Profane and profane accessories.
Versacamm solvent? As in, you're going to laminate them? I'd suggest testing the laminate- not the vinyl. The matte laminate you use all the time might very well work just fine.

KH

Thanks GASouthPaw. These probably won't be laminated. Very short term use going onto other paper products.

boxerbay

if the vinyl is matte you should be ok with ball point pen. GEL no. it wont dry and will smear.

shoresigns

Matte is the key, I think. Ballpoint pens work on most of our matte materials. Notable exception is our matte laminate, so we don't laminate anything that needs to be written on.

Dallas225

Use a oraguard 210 matte lam - we use it for HEavy duty service decals on orajet 3651 and everyone loves them - we sell them to several fleets and everything writes on them and they hold up awesome

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dallas225

If no lam is required use a 3m IJ35 matte vinyl - thick enough to stick without lam and can be written on easily as well

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk