Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Vinyl vendor

Discussion in 'General Chit-Chat' started by Owen Bridges, Apr 15, 2018.

1. Owen Bridges

Owen Bridges New Member

Feb 23, 2018
    Nebraska
    I was recently looking areound for a good vinyl supplier that I can use. I ran across swingdesigns.com. Has anyone used them before? Are they reputable with good service? I just need a small roll of 751 turquoise and they are the only place that I’ve found so far that carries the small roll of that color.

2. The Yanki & The Brit

The Yanki & The Brit The Yanki & The Brit Signs and Radio Show

Sep 3, 2014
    Texas
    I tried their site and I got a notice that they're Domain Name is for sale...
    Buy Domains - swingdesigns.com is for sale!

Have you tried Sign Warehouse?

• Like Like x 2
  3. BrianH311

BrianH311 New Member

Apr 14, 2018
    Tennessee
    signwarehouse.com They are a great supplier. They are a Oracal distributor.

Also,
    fellers.com. They have a distributor in Nebraska.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 2
  4. TimToad

TimToad Very Active Member

Jun 13, 2013
    Central Coast California
    I'm not trying to steer anyone to any particular supplier, but this is the response I just gave ams on another thread about Oracal 751 and problems he's having with it. All things being equal, saving $45 on a 24"x50 yard roll of the two most commonly used colors is pretty enticing. The savings on colors are equally good.

"
    I don't know what to say, we order it from Sign-Mart who I know moves their inventory very quickly and is substantially cheaper on that product and many others we regularly use.

A 24"x50 yd roll of 751 gloss white/black through Feller's is $231.00 and only $186.00 through Sign-Mart. A 24"x10 yard roll of other colors is $20 less through Sign-Mart."

• Like Like x 1
  5. ams

ams Very Active Member

Oct 28, 2010
    Virginia
    grimco.com
    fellers.com
    signwarehouse.com

• Like Like x 1
  6. equippaint

equippaint Active Member

Oct 10, 2014
    Florida
    I bet uscutter has it also. Their prices are good

• Like Like x 2
  7. Owen Bridges

Owen Bridges New Member

Feb 23, 2018
    Nebraska
  8. ams

ams Very Active Member

Oct 28, 2010
    Virginia
    Looks like a bunch of junk. Nothing more than a AC Moore or Michaels, even Jo Anns. I wouldn't use them.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. visual800

visual800 Very Active Member

Aug 4, 2010
    montgomery, alabama
    looks like they cater to the cricut and silouette folks

Grimco-i dumped them forever

uscutter-good prices gotta wait a little bit

sign mart-Great prices but they always wanted to call and tell me vinyl comes from manufacturer and would not ship till I responded to that message

Fellers-just too damn high

i also looking for new supplier. I was using advantage sign supply BUT Grimco bought them out

10. Owen Bridges

Owen Bridges New Member

Feb 23, 2018
    Nebraska
    I wasn't able to find it there. At least, not in the small amount I need.

11. Chuck B

Chuck B New Member

Jan 14, 2018
    Richmond, VA
    I have used swingdesign when I need just a small piece of color (1' x 6' rolls). Yeah,...they seem oriented to "crafters", but the small rolls are great---keeps you from having to own a whole role (possibly for life). Ordered from them twice now with good results.

12. IsItFasst

IsItFasst Member

Jan 16, 2008
    USA
    Lol. I quit buying from signoutletstore.com for a similar reason. I would order online then they would call (normally I'd have to call them back) to confirm the order. Why the hell do you have the option to order online if you want to speak to everyone on the phone? If I wanted it to be a phone order I would have just called it in the first time.

13. equippaint

equippaint Active Member

Oct 10, 2014
    Florida
    I have never had to wait for uscutter. If I miss my thursday cutoff from our local vendor I can order through USC and get it faster than waiting until our tuesday run. Oracal stuff outside of standard print material and laminate is mostly drop shipped anyways wherever you get it from. Just call someone and order it if you cant find it in stock.

14. Primal Decals

Primal Decals Active Member

May 29, 2015
    Redding,ca
    Uscutter is my go to supplier except for 3m camo colors then i use Fellers. Until some beats the cost i wont change companies.

15. ikarasu

ikarasu Active Member

Jun 10, 2016
    Port Coquitlam, bc
    Curious, since I'm in Canada... Do you guys get special pricing from uscutter, or just list price on their website?

Some of their prices are good... Some stuff seems pretty over priced.compared to grimco (Canada's grimco, at least)

16. Primal Decals

Primal Decals Active Member

May 29, 2015
    Redding,ca
    I dont know of anyone that gets Special Pricing ,I would contact them to see if they have a wholesale dept etc. But i think there was a catch to it . And depending on what your wanting, the cost may vary from one supplier to another, I always buy from uscutter. You just have to make sure you order everything at once so you dont get nailed for the shipping cost. I know some people complain about the 9.99 shipping from uscutter ,But when you order multiple items , the cost get split up between them all and isnt bad at all to me.

• Like Like x 1
  17. visual800

visual800 Very Active Member

Aug 4, 2010
    montgomery, alabama
    I would like to update my comments. US Cutter is the bomb and they have gotten quicker. They are my go to since dumping dumping Grimcos ***

• Like Like x 1