• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Vinyl won't stick

thrillerink

Is there any way to get the protective coating off of an aluminum sign blank that was left on and baked in the sun for no telling how long. I can't get the vinyl to stick to it. The other side is fine, I just removed the old lettering and replaced it.

Pat Whatley

Good luck with that. Last ones I had to do I sanded the cracked up plastic and the paint beneath it off with an orbital sander, resprayed it and started over.

CanuckSigns

Good luck with that. Last ones I had to do I sanded the cracked up plastic and the paint beneath it off with an orbital sander, resprayed it and started over.

this is what you will have to do, after the protective mask is left in the sun for a while, it becomes brittle and peels off in tiny pieces. Either do like Pat says, or order a new sheet in.

jayhawksigns

If a sign goes up with that liner on it, you most likely are not getting it off. I would be a great way to keep the second side looking new if it didn't weather so badly.

jfiscus

Rap Master
You've already spent more in time & effort than the price of a new sheet... order that new sheet & move on to another project!