• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help Vinyle edges peeling back on decals

hics

Whenever I make decals of stickers the edges peel back. If i print stickers and don't use them right away then the edges want to pull away and can't make them look presentable unless I put release tape on them first. I also noticed some other signs that were done peeling at the edges and curling back.
Am i using the wrong materials... ROland Sp330 with eco-sol ink (Roland) and Vinyl is Roland .
thanks
Steven

mmblarg

Like others have said, they need to dry longer before cutting. We recently had a set of decals with a full black background - set the dry time for 20 minutes before our roland did its thing and cut the contour. 10 minutes later the edges all curled and rolled in on themselves. We let those sit over night on the next round of printing.

E Coloney

Heavy ink such as "rich" black (black + other colors) seems to be the worst for me. I add a note in gray along the edge at 6 or 7 point font size: "Shrinkage is normal, especially along the edge." They're still unsightly but I hope this helps with educating my customer(s). Most come back for more purchases. Using eco-sol ink on 6 mil vinyl.