• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

VJ-1204 got new ink installed - Ink not filling up lines

Eddie Greer

I installed a new ink, Ink was not filling up. I removed the dampers and pulled ink through the lines, the black filled up, the magenta filled up, but I could not get ink through the cyan and yellow. I keep hearing about O-rings I attached a pictures of my dampers am I missing a o-ring or something?

Thanks in advance -

20190612_203346.jpg 20190612_203419_001.jpg

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
When you pull with the syringe do you get an suction at all or just pull air? A lot of suction but no ink means something is clogged. No suction and a lot of air means there is an air leak which could be a bad o-ring. Keep in mind that each color is connected so pulling from just one side will usually pull air from the other side. I usually just put my finger on the other damper to keep air from making it in or use two syringes. The o-ring you want to look at is underneath the brass nut that connects to the damper.

Also, there is a lot of magenta all over the yellow dampers. Is that just from pulling with the syringe and making a mess or did it come from somewhere else?

Eddie Greer

When you pull with the syringe do you get an suction at all or just pull air? A lot of suction but no ink means something is clogged. No suction and a lot of air means there is an air leak which could be a bad o-ring. Keep in mind that each color is connected so pulling from just one side will usually pull air from the other side. I usually just put my finger on the other damper to keep air from making it in or use two syringes. The o-ring you want to look at is underneath the brass nut that connects to the damper.

Also, there is a lot of magenta all over the yellow dampers. Is that just from pulling with the syringe and making a mess or did it come from somewhere else?

When I pull the yellow or cyan I only get air no suction, should the o-ring be visible? i dont see any o-ring on the dampers. See attached photo.

Can someone post a photo of the damper with the o-ring attached?

The magenta ink on the yellow was me making a mess. :)

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
When I pull the yellow or cyan I only get air no suction, should the o-ring be visible? i dont see any o-ring on the dampers. See attached photo.

Can someone post a photo of the damper with the o-ring attached?

The magenta ink on the yellow was me making a mess. :)

Usually the o-ring is stuck inside the brass nut. If you push it up the ink line it should pop out of place and be visible on the ink line.

It's pretty hard not to make a mess with these dampers! After years of working in the field I still make a little mess once in a while.

Eddie Greer

I just ordered a new maintenance station, 8 dampers, and 10 o-rings. Is there any sort of documentation or video show how to remove and replace other than the somewhat use less Service manual?

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
YouTube has some videos on the replacement. It's fairly straight forward but if this is your first time I recommend taking a picture of how things are put together. that way you can reference it if needed. There are no alignments or special tools needed. Just remember not to tighten the screws until all of them are in. This makes it easier to get them all in without having to go back and loosen screws all over. If all the screws fit back into where they are supposed to, you did it right and the station should just work. One thing people always forget on their first time is there are 2 cables you need to plug back into the new one. Usually people plug the motor in but not the wiper sensor which is sort of hidden. Just make a mental note when you are taking it out that you have to plug that back in. The most important thing is to work with the machine unplugged and wait 15 minutes before doing anything after unplugging. If you do that, there isn't much that can go wrong. Good Luck!

Eddie Greer

YouTube has some videos on the replacement. It's fairly straight forward but if this is your first time I recommend taking a picture of how things are put together. that way you can reference it if needed. There are no alignments or special tools needed. Just remember not to tighten the screws until all of them are in. This makes it easier to get them all in without having to go back and loosen screws all over. If all the screws fit back into where they are supposed to, you did it right and the station should just work. One thing people always forget on their first time is there are 2 cables you need to plug back into the new one. Usually people plug the motor in but not the wiper sensor which is sort of hidden. Just make a mental note when you are taking it out that you have to plug that back in. The most important thing is to work with the machine unplugged and wait 15 minutes before doing anything after unplugging. If you do that, there isn't much that can go wrong. Good Luck!

Thanks, for all you help, I really appreciate it. It looks like the parts wont be here for a week or so, do i just leave the ink in and power it off, or is there a better solution?

GTSTech_1

at the very least I would cut a lint free cloth down to the size of the captop, and place the cloth on the captop, saturate the cloth with cleaning solution, lock the head in home postion and power down the printer (unplug)....the wet cloth will help prevent your nozzles from drying at the surface.

Just my .02