• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Question VJ 1204 no ink in waste tank

fuzzy_cam

The Granbury Wrap & Sign Guy
In addition to Johnny's comment - we've had these lines on our 1624's clog before. If the maintenance station is still good and you're getting a good seal, you probably just need to clean the lines out. We've done it by taking the entire drain assembly out and cleaning with dish soap and water. Have to sacrifice some screw drivers or whatever else you can use to shove the clogged/dired ink out of the lines with. Wear some gloves.

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
In addition to Johnny's comment - we've had these lines on our 1624's clog before. If the maintenance station is still good and you're getting a good seal, you probably just need to clean the lines out. We've done it by taking the entire drain assembly out and cleaning with dish soap and water. Have to sacrifice some screw drivers or whatever else you can use to shove the clogged/dired ink out of the lines with. Wear some gloves.

It would have worked better with solvent cleaning solution instead of soap and water but this is what I do when the station clogs as well.

fuzzy_cam

The Granbury Wrap & Sign Guy
Agreed. However, that solvent solution is priced like liquid gold. We try to run a little through the drains during weekly maintenance.