• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

vj 1304 Head replacement problem

NASIAS

FLOGAS DESIGN
Hi all,
I ordered an epson DX5 printhead from here:

http://www.biofi.pl/p283,glowica-epson-dx5-f186000-oryginal-solvent-resistant-wysylka-24h.html
with a decode card to prevent banding issues:
http://www.biofi.pl/p453,karta-dekodujaca-do-glowic-epson-dx5.html.

I installed the print head and I had the banding problem,so I installed the code card.
The lights started to flash and I had" error 085-head heat".
I reversed the head cables and I initialized.
Everything looked fine but I have no printing (even without the code card.)
The print head is moving but there is no printing ,neither nozzle check works(no ink at all).

Has anyone replaced a printhead with this decode card and had a success.
I am wondering what kind of damage I have done.
I would appreciate if you could help me with this problem.
Any ideas ?

tint_zone

you have done one of 2 things my friend, you have either blown the head fuse or damaged the head, but more than likey its the head fuse beacuse the machine is printing. Check and replace the head fuse.

NASIAS

FLOGAS DESIGN
you have done one of 2 things my friend, you have either blown the head fuse or damaged the head, but more than likey its the head fuse beacuse the machine is printing. Check and replace the head fuse.
Thank you for your reply.
Any ideas where that fuse could be?
I am trying to locate it on VJ1304.:banghead:

NASIAS

FLOGAS DESIGN

I checked the fuse -I had the f2 fuse blown,I repaired the fuse and blow it again...
The electric technician says maybe the diote the f2 fuse goes to ,is damaged...
Has anyone have an electric wiring diagram of board to check the diote?
I would appreciate any help,
Thanks

tint_zone

Did you replace with original fuse or you bridgged it? also it what happened to me was i had to reseat the cables to the head because i blowed like 3 fuses before i realised that. Reseat 3 cables on the MB and 2 on print head and try again

devahoch

SIGN MAKING COMPANY
Same problem on my RH II, finded 2 blow transistors C4131 on HEAD DRIVE BOARD. I wait for new transistors for replace those. Try to measure transistors on drive board.