• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

VJ 1304 Missing nozzles after print head replacement

NASIAS

FLOGAS DESIGN
Hi all,
I have changed the printhead last week and the maintance station.
I don't know if the print head is sitting where it should be(it looks fine but I don't know how I can be certain of that...)
First printing is fine...but I am loosing many black nozzles,now the whole right side...
Do I have to change the dampers,too.
Is something that could help me to figure what's is the promblem?Maybe air bubbles in tube or something?
I need some advice,I would appreciate it.:banghead:
Thanks..

how did you know that it sits fine in the carriage, you must see the ink flowing in the maintenance pump to conclude that you have a perfect seal of head over capping station, and please put a new set of dampers on a new printhead, damper is cheaper rather than a new head.

NASIAS

FLOGAS DESIGN
Timson ,
thank you very much for your reply.
I have changed all dampers and I did little charge.All dampers are filled with ink except the black ones.
I sucked ink from damper with a syringe and I cannot suck black.A very small amount of black ink is coming to the damper .
Is there anything else I should check?
Any help or any ideas appreciated,thanks.

your ink line is clogged check from subtank thru head, when you perform little charge earlier, is there error occurred? like subtank lo or k

NASIAS

FLOGAS DESIGN
We have changed all dampers.We have cleaned all tubes with cleaning liquid anb we have sucked ink with the syringe into the damper but again I have those missing nozzle in black(all the right side is missing.)
Do you think we have clogged the printhead?
I am thinking of pushing some cleaning liquid into the printhead with a syringe....
Do you think iit is a good idea?

A couple more things to check:

Priming with Syringe:
Try connecting a syringe to the tubes coming from the bottom of the maintenance station (there are two tubes so you may need to construct something with a "Y" that splits your syringe out to two lines. Try drawing ink with this. Using a syringe not only provides far more powerful suction than the little pump but gives you direct feedback on what the problem is; if you have air bubbles coming into the syringe then you know you have a leak or poor seal somewhere. If the syringe seems "locked" or difficult to pull then you have a clog or pinch.

Checking for leaks:
Again, with the syringe trick, move the head off the Station and use a small square of dibond or other smooth, stiff material to "cap-off" the cap. Pul with the syringe and see if you get a good seal - If not then this indicates a leak in the Cap (it can take only the slightest nick or deformation in the rubber to prevent a good seal)

Also, remove the Damper and inspect the "ink nipple" (not sure what else to call it) very closely. I've seen many cases where the nipple becomes cracked near the bottom. You can also check by putting your finger on the tip of it and flexing it gently back and forth - if there's a crack then you'll see it open up. If this is the case, you may be able to re-use the manifold from your old head.

Hope this helps!

Just to clarify; By "syringe" I mean a 50 or 60cc medical syringe, not one of those tiny 5cc jobs you use to give medicine to your Paris Hilton handbag dog.

NASIAS

FLOGAS DESIGN
A couple more things to check:

Priming with Syringe:
Try connecting a syringe to the tubes coming from the bottom of the maintenance station (there are two tubes so you may need to construct something with a "Y" that splits your syringe out to two lines. Try drawing ink with this. Using a syringe not only provides far more powerful suction than the little pump but gives you direct feedback on what the problem is; if you have air bubbles coming into the syringe then you know you have a leak or poor seal somewhere. If the syringe seems "locked" or difficult to pull then you have a clog or pinch.

Checking for leaks:
Again, with the syringe trick, move the head off the Station and use a small square of dibond or other smooth, stiff material to "cap-off" the cap. Pul with the syringe and see if you get a good seal - If not then this indicates a leak in the Cap (it can take only the slightest nick or deformation in the rubber to prevent a good seal)

Also, remove the Damper and inspect the "ink nipple" (not sure what else to call it) very closely. I've seen many cases where the nipple becomes cracked near the bottom. You can also check by putting your finger on the tip of it and flexing it gently back and forth - if there's a crack then you'll see it open up. If this is the case, you may be able to re-use the manifold from your old head.

Hope this helps!

Trying to figure out what is the problem ,we cracked the manifold adaptor of printhead and I ordered a new one,so I am waiting...
Thanks you very much for your reply....