• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

VJ 1304 won't cut 50in panles with onyx 7

GrantX01

I am using

Mutoh, Value Jet 1304
Onyx 7
and a Graphtec Cutter

I am unable to make 50in panels cut and don't know why? It will cut 49.75in panels but that's it. I also use a 64in Falcon II and all of my past files are set up for it. I would hate to go back and re-layout past jobs just to use a different machine, any ideas? I think it has something to do with Onyx but not sure.

http://www.signs101.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=194

ScottyDoo

If you go to Configure Printer and then to the Page Sizes tab, what width does it show for your media?

Each printer has a maximum width available for media, and this is probably where you're getting stuck. By adding the cut marks for your Graphtec, it's adding an additional 2" to the width of your print, so by adding the marks it is probably pushing the width beyond it's max, which is why it forces you down to 49.75.

There is a way you can trick Onyx, through manually editing a file, though I doubt tech support will walk you through doing this as you could make things worse if you do something wrong. I had a similar situation on my Roland XC-540 where I wanted larger panels and this was how I solved it.

Let me know what your listed width is, and we'll go from there. I can walk you through what to do. An Onyx Engineer walked me through the process originally, so no need to worry about this being some crazy unsafe hack...just a simple edit.