• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

VJ 1324x air in cyan line only - one bad channel

asherhenrie

Hey there! First time posting and I have a questions regarding my Mutoh. I have one bad cyan channel on my valuejet that is causing me issues. I have done multiple head soaks and countless cleanings and am currently flushing the cyan line with cleaning solution. On the test print every other color looks great except for the right cyan channel which I think corresponds to the left most cyan damper (hopefully that makes sense). At the top of the ink line right before the Y junction where the two cyan hoses meet there is a little air bubble on the left cyan line. I can run as many strong cleanings as I like but the only thing that happens is that air bubble moves down the line almost to the 90 degree break right before the damper but then moves its way right back up to that Y junction.

My question is: would this be indicative of needing a new damper? I have recently replaced the maintenance station so that is only a couple months old.

Assuming it is just the damper that needs to be replaced, would you recommend I buy any other new parts to go along with it like o-rings or anything like that?

I have searched the forums and found lots of good information and I'm basically at the point of replacing the dampers before I jump up to replacing the print head but was looking for more seasoned advice.

Any help is appreciated! Thanks!

Attachments

• IMG_0751.jpg
    IMG_0751.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 133

Zoogee World

Domed Promotional Product Supplier
I'm not really all that familiar with Mutoh, however it does sound like it could be the damper. Have you tried disconnecting the line and manually pulling the bubble out, with a syringe?