• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

VJ 1614 074err CR2 - HELP

NathanPrintU

Hi Guys,

Having the 074 CR2 Current code keep coming up on my VJ 1614. I've gone through most of the topics and tried to follow some of the suggestions that others have been given.

So far none of these have worked.

When I move the carriage after it has crashed it is very hard to move in some parts (2-5cm patches, maybe in two parts of the 64") and then moves freely for the rest. So to me it seems there is something causing it resistance. Funny thing is though it isn't always happening. I can print 20 odd metres and then the error will occur but then sometimes I can print 2-3cm and it will stop. Always stops in the same position though, few inches in from the start.

My normal Tech had timed his 2 week holiday to conveniently start today so looking for suggestions/fixes to the problem. I've tried cleaning the encoder 'T' fence but that seems clean to me. Its the fact that the head seems to be getting stuck on something so the motor is having to work extra hard to get it through those couple of cm so is overloading. But I am pretty lost.

Any thoughts??

Thanks all.