• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

VJ 1614 - Ink end error on new cartridge, LifePumpEnd error, & sensors were replaced.

Crys.foti

I have a vj1614 that continuously gives "Ink End" errors on new cartridges, all 4 colors, but mainly black & cyan. I have replaced all 4 sensors, put in new cartridge & still received the error message. We are also getting a "LifePumpEnd" error message after each print, cleaning cycle, etc. Has anyone had this same issue or can suggest how to fix it?
Thx in advance!!!

heyskull

What sensors have you replaced?
Is it the sensor that reads the protrutition from the cartridge or the smart card sensor?

The "LifePumpEnd" can be reset in the maintenance menu.

SC

Crys.foti

What sensors have you replaced?
Is it the sensor that reads the protrutition from the cartridge or the smart card sensor?

The "LifePumpEnd" can be reset in the maintenance menu.

SC

We have replaced the sensors on the individual cartridges, as well as the sensors on the back of the machine where the cartridge is inserted. It seems to mainly give the error for the Cyan & Black. Right now, we have about 10 full cartridges, all reading ink end. Just replaced the card on 2 & still reading ink end. Any suggestions?

heyskull

Their is a sensor that when the ink gets too such a point it pushes a piece of plastic out on the cartridge.
This activates a sensor to say ink end. Have you changed this sensor?

Sc

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
Their is a sensor that when the ink gets too such a point it pushes a piece of plastic out on the cartridge.

Sc

This is it right here. If you did change the sensors, it may be sticking out too far which makes the cartridge hit it on the way in and tells the printer it is empty. Once the card is tagged as empty, you can't reset it. If this is happening on all of the cartridges, the junction board that relays the information to the main board could be bad but that is rare.

Crys.foti

Sc

BINGO!!! Sensor was broken! Thank you so much! Any clue what that part is called? ha ha

Crys.foti

This is it right here. If you did change the sensors, it may be sticking out too far which makes the cartridge hit it on the way in and tells the printer it is empty. Once the card is tagged as empty, you can't reset it. If this is happening on all of the cartridges, the junction board that relays the information to the main board could be bad but that is rare.

That link does not show sensors, only print head & docking stations.

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
They call it a pack end sensor for some reason. We call it an ink level sensor. It is a combination of 2 sensors actually. One detects that the cartridge in in the machine and the other checks if it's empty. I have a part number for the 1204 and 1304 but not the 1614. I'm trying to find if it is compatible with the 1614. I'll let you know!

heyskull

I can't find an image of the sensor.
But you should be able to disconnect it and once you have installed some new ink carts it should work.
To get your existing ink carts to work you will have to change the smart card for new.
As once the sensor for ink end has been triggered the smart card is written as empty.

SC

midnightmadman

Old thread but quick question. If the printer recognizes the line near the dampers as empty and the cartridge is still full, is there away around this? I pulled ink back down the lines but I am still getting (K) INK END.

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
Old thread but quick question. If the printer recognizes the line near the dampers as empty and the cartridge is still full, is there away around this? I pulled ink back down the lines but I am still getting (K) INK END.

The printer has no way of knowing if ink is in the damper. The ink level sensor detects when the cartridge is empty. If the cartridge is full and reads empty, the sensor is probably broken. Once a cartridge reads empty, it will always read empty. You will need to check the sensor to see if it is broken and replace if necessary and then find a Mutoh smart card to replace the one you have on the cartridge now.

midnightmadman

I’m asking this because I have 2 other colors cartridges that haven’t been coded as empty I could cut the chip off of for now and adhere to the full black cartridge

I don't know about your printer but certainly on mine it knows the colour. I imagine they are all similar in that respect.

Umca

All cards are different. Depend on ink type and colour. It is impossible to use card from other colours on K colour.