• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Suggestions VJ 1614 ISSUES....PLEASE HELP

I have installed new capping station and new damper, drawn out the air that was in the line and it is still not filling up with ink. PLEASE HELP!

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
If you have ink in the dampers and the lines above them have no air in them then a simple cleaning cycle should fill the head. Watch the waste tubes as the cleaning cycle runs. Do you see ink flowing through those tubes? If so, then ink is actually flowing through the head and you might have a blown fuse on the main board if the head still won't print a nozzle check. If you worked on the machine with it plugged in this is more likely.

If the ink doesn't flow through those tubes, either the head is clogged, the cap top is not sealing properly, and/or there is another air leak somewhere along the line. Check the bottom of the head and make sure there isn't a ton of ink build up causing the cap to not seal and clean as necessary. Also, if you took the head out at any time, get down in front of the machine and move the head to the middle of the platen. Check the space between the head and the platen and make sure the left side of the head isn't higher up than the right side. This is a common issue when putting the head back in. If it is crooked, take all of the dampers off and wiggle the head until is sets down into the right position.

If you pulled all of the air out of the lines through the damper, the ink line should be completely full of ink and the dampers in the circle area should be about half full maybe a little less. As long as there is some ink in the lines and dampers, a cleaning cycle should pull it down and you should be able to see the dampers crush. Sometimes you can even hear the crinkling sound it makes when they do crush. If that isn't happening, the capping station probably isn't working right for whatever reason. Even if you have a bad damper, at least some of them should crush when doing a cleaning.

Thank you VanderJ for the suggestion. I did find that the left side line at the damper had a small leak in the white nut so I repaired that and performed a little clean on it and the damper filled up about half full as well as both lines....when I did the test print, this is what it is doing now. I have provided pictures for you to look at, if you wouldn't mind. The black is printing a dark green color and one block is not printing one side when I do the print check.. I have not checked the fuse because it is printing all colors, just not black as the black color......

Any additional help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you so much!

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    184.8 KB · Views: 165
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    704.9 KB · Views: 179