• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

VJ-1624 - Black and Yellow Not Print Sharp Together

mjhinnant

Hello,

We are having a specific printing issue. All colors are printing sharp except black and yellow when they are together - like a warning decal etc. Black is fine and sharp with other colors or by itself. Yellow is also fine and sharp with other colors or by itself - but when they are together, the edges are not sharp but look fuzzy or draggy - almost like the vinyl is moving a little even though it is not. Hopefully this can be made out in the attached photo.

Also, the yellow areas will not be solid and smooth but look kinda speckled or pot marked.

This happens within the same print. When multiple jobs are ganged together, all will be fine except the one with black and yellow together.

Ideas why this specific thing is happening and not affecting any other colors?

Thanks!

Attachments

• Black.Yellow.jpg
    Black.Yellow.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 388

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
It's probably an ink limit issue. Have you tried other profiles? Basically what I think is going on is either the profile is laying down too much ink or the vinyl is not accepting the ink as it should which causes it to sit on top of the vinyl instead of biting into it which makes the ink run together. You could turn up your heat settings and see if that helps.

bug

I would also check that its printing pure black, not rich black, which can have c,m,y, and also if it possible to print just yellow , without any mixtures

mjhinnant

Thanks Vander.

We have not done too much with profiles. I know there are a ton in our settings with different print qualities, dpi's, etc.

I will try to find one that works today and save it as specific for this job type if need be.

It's probably an ink limit issue. Have you tried other profiles? Basically what I think is going on is either the profile is laying down too much ink or the vinyl is not accepting the ink as it should which causes it to sit on top of the vinyl instead of biting into it which makes the ink run together. You could turn up your heat settings and see if that helps.

mjhinnant

Thanks Bug.

That makes sense. Maybe rich got turned on by accident and its over saturating.

I would also check that its printing pure black, not rich black, which can have c,m,y, and also if it possible to print just yellow , without any mixtures

bug

Was this problem always or did it started for example recently, what kind of ink you using, did you change from original ink to 3rd ink
this is just some extra basic things which i would check also:
- check nozzles
- after print check nozzles again without any cleaning
- check that printhead is not set high on position
- maybe static problem

Minnie Mouse

Hello,

We are having a specific printing issue. All colors are printing sharp except black and yellow when they are together - like a warning decal etc. Black is fine and sharp with other colors or by itself. Yellow is also fine and sharp with other colors or by itself - but when they are together, the edges are not sharp but look fuzzy or draggy - almost like the vinyl is moving a little even though it is not. Hopefully this can be made out in the attached photo.

Also, the yellow areas will not be solid and smooth but look kinda speckled or pot marked.

This happens within the same print. When multiple jobs are ganged together, all will be fine except the one with black and yellow together.

Ideas why this specific thing is happening and not affecting any other colors?

Thanks!
Hi there,

I know this post is old but we are having exactly the same problem. Black on its own or with any other colour is crisp and sharp but when it is printing on yellow such as a warning decal, the edges of the black are fuzzy and blurred.

Did you manage to sort your issue out and can you remember what it was that was causing it. We have not changed inks, media or the profile.

Thanks