• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

VJ 1624 Red

102RCR

After messing with it, and reading hours upon hours of post on here, I have achieved nothing.
Valuejet 1624
Flexi12
Production manager
Multiple profiles but VJ1624 Orajet 3651G seems to be the best graphics 4
No Color Correction
Mutoh Inks

Went through 20 of so profiles, nozzle check is good, Color Correction, no color correction, The only way to get a halfway decent red was creating a spot color and having production manager alter it. When I try to alter it through cmyk or rgb you either get an orange red, or a muddy red. Out of ideas, and open to suggestions to try.

In the midst of doing all this, I just ran another head check, and have now lost the first Black and the Last Magenta. If I'm not mistaking, that would be a head problem and not a pump issues, as the lines split before the head.

Last edited:

heyskull

I think you have found the biggest issue with a CMYK 4 colour printer.
Reds, Greys, Burgundy, Greens, etc. Just to name a few are a pain to hit.
To get a decent colour match on these I will set the profile on something like 3M Ij180 as this prints the maximum resolution of my machine (horrifically slow though!)
As for greys the issue is either to print these with just the Black Channel only or again crank the resolution up and even then you can get a green or burgundy tinge to them.

I would be looking at either maintenance station or dampers and seals for your missing Black and Magenta. It's very rare for a head to cause these issues as they normally fail and are irrecoverable.

SC

netsol

these machines can be frustrating SOB's
we have 2 older rolands (fj52 & a sc545-ex)
i would change those dampers, & at least the felts in the capping station
pull ink with a syringe (vander j's company has really nice tapered syringes)
be sure none of the drain lines are clogged
soak those heads

once the nozzle check is perfect:

i never saw a really decent fire engine red ( always looked like rust or automotive primer) until we bought an xrite i1 on ebay. buy 1, go through the process, build your own profiles

it will be the best thing you ever did. the quality of all your prnting will improve, even the work YOU are perfectly satisfied with now

Neriad537

Yes I second that, the best way to get a decent red is to profile.

You can get spectrometer like this for cheap now a days. https://www.ebay.com/itm/EFI-ES-100...727491?hash=item3b457a83c3:g:xVEAAOSwN1delQMQ

One tip is when profiling in Flexy when you do the ink limit test you can let the magenta just be a bit higher, same once you do the multi-ink limit for B (M+Y) a bit higher. At least it works for me and I have third party inks (Bordeaux ink)

The profiling process is very easy. You can Modify a current profile like VJ1624 Orajet 3651G the re-do the Ink-Limits them it will prompt a simple lit linearization Next is the multi-ink test then profiling and you done perfect color calibrations a CMYK mix can give you.

premiercolour

Merchant Member
After messing with it, and reading hours upon hours of post on here, I have achieved nothing.
Valuejet 1624
Flexi12
Production manager
Multiple profiles but VJ1624 Orajet 3651G seems to be the best graphics 4
No Color Correction
Mutoh Inks

Went through 20 of so profiles, nozzle check is good, Color Correction, no color correction, The only way to get a halfway decent red was creating a spot color and having production manager alter it. When I try to alter it through cmyk or rgb you either get an orange red, or a muddy red. Out of ideas, and open to suggestions to try.

In the midst of doing all this, I just ran another head check, and have now lost the first Black and the Last Magenta. If I'm not mistaking, that would be a head problem and not a pump issues, as the lines split before the head.

Perfect nozzle check does not mean the head is functioning well. An event like this, we usually replace the OEM maintenance station, OEM Dampers, OEM Wiper, since you have Mutoh inks - checked. Makes sure the electronics on the printer is fine. Since you have tried so many color profiles - checked. It all comes down to the printhead.