• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

VJ1204 automatic cleaning setup

masterdesigns

Hello, I have the VJ 1204 and have a few questions on the automatic cleaning setup.

I currently have it setup with no media in the machine, with the lever down. The machine goes into the cleaning cycle with no problem.

I am concerned that by leaving the lever down, the rollers will be damaged in the long run. But if I put the lever in the up position, the printer will not go into the automatic cleaning cycle.

Am I doing something wrong in the setup? If the lever remains down, will damage be done to the rollers?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Bob

agent_k

after its done cleaning put the lever up. this happens to me if i turn it off with the lever up it wont turn off, but when i put the lever down it shuts off. then once its off i just put the lever back up.

masterdesigns

Preppie,

You keep the machine turned off, and it will automatically turn back on to clean? Will it turn back off when complete?

Maybe my problem is that I am leaving the lever up, with the machine turned on, and it will not go into the automatic mode from that condition.

Thanks
Bob

Compilla

Preppie,

You keep the machine turned off, and it will automatically turn back on to clean? Will it turn back off when complete?

Maybe my problem is that I am leaving the lever up, with the machine turned on, and it will not go into the automatic mode from that condition.

Thanks
Bob

Make sure you got the latest VJ-1204 Firmware 1.18

http://www.mutoh.com/kb/entry/29/

http://www.signwarehouse.com/support/index.php?_m=knowledgebase&_a=viewarticle&kbarticleid=527

P

ProWraps™

ours cleans based on aging. not on the lever being up or down. could just be that your cycle is just corresponding with the lever being up. it starts its cleaning routine before the current print is run if the aging has reached the cycle.

John Butto

firmware update

I run my 1204 from a Mac, is there anyway to update my firmware with the Mac or the firmware is only Windows based.

Arstron

Ok I feel stupid, but ive been searching on mutohs ftp for the past few days and can't find the "MUTOH Maintenance Engineer Assistant" program. Does anyone know where I can find this?