• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

VJ1204 - Can't Open Port = No Printing

westpointsigns

Everything was working yesterday when I shut down for the day but today I get the "Can't Open Port" in the Flexi PM.
The IP addresses match up but it's acting like there's nothing connected.
I've tried using 2 different computers with the same program (Flexi Sign Pro 10.5.1) and get the same results on both of them.
Also changed the crossover cables. Reinstalled the programs.

This printer is only 7-1/2 months old and only on it's third set of inks so it's not like it's been running 24/7.

Any HELP is very much appreciated.

:frustrated:

heyskull

Maybe you are unlucky and the communication port has died.
It is still in warranty so give the supplier a call.

SC

FrankW

I would suggest to check not only the printers IP-Adress and the setting in PM. Check the computers IP too if it is still in the same subnet. Sometimes a DHCP-Server reconfiguration (because of different reasons) can lead to this kind of problem.

If the IP at the PC is ok, try to "ping" the printers IP-Adress (command "ping <ip>" in DOS-Window). If this works, it could be a problem with the firewall

SAS

I have had to replace the main board twice on my 2.5 year of JV33 because the USB died.

check the ip address setting on the printer. If you have not powered the machine off since you initially changed it, it will be reset to original. The machine does not back up data until it is turned off. If the power goes off before that, all changes are lost.