• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

vj1204 not power on

printimage

I have a vj1204 printer, it was printing and it shut down by it shelf. when i press the power button it isn't coming on. The day before i was getting a 079 err commu error and i took out the memory and re seat it and it came on and i printed then this happen. Any idea on what caused it and how to fix it?

RG

I have never had my 1204 to shut down by itself while printing. But, several times, when I press the power ON button, nothing happens. I leave the right side cover off my printer. So, when this happens, it has always turned on when I touch the panel cable, near where it goes into the LCD panel, or wiggle the cable a little. Maybe check the inside of your panel cable for ink build-up. I have had to clean ink off the inside of my panel cable a couple of times. Maybe unplug your cable and plug in back in.

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
I would take the memory out and air dust the entire main board then re-seat the memory. If that doesn't work, you might have electrical damage on the main board.

printimage

Thanks... i tried what RG said and it came on and print. I have it in sleep mode until i have to print again. I have a new panel cable i will see how to replace it.

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
Error 79 is bad communication between the main board and the heater control board. There is a cable that looks like an Ethernet cable that connects the two boards. That cable could be bad but it also could be the main board or the heater control board is fried. Unfortunately there is no way that I know of to figure out which it is. The service manual says to change the main board, then the heater control board and then the power board. I would probably start by checking the cable.

printimage

is it a normal cable or a special cable? I had the heater board look at it didn't find anything wrong with it... i will try to change the cable from the board to the control board as i pull it out last time and it work but not sure if that was the fix.