• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

VJ1604 maintenance station

bsm

Hi Guys,
I can get ink through to the waste bottle on cleans, but am getting only half a dozen nozzles firing. Is it possible that the maintenance station is gone, and why would it not push through the head but it will pump ink out on cleans?

pjfmeister

I had this same problem on one of my mutoh printers yesterday. The small drain lines from the maintenance station were clogged with ink.This makes the head dry out as the capping station is not pulling any ink. Only way I could print was to run a cleaning cycle first.
I used cleaning solution and a syringe to clean out the 2 lines by pushing and pulling cleaning solution through the lines slowly until cleaned out. Process sounds simple but it took about 4 hours of cleaning to get it back to perfect.

bsm

No, like I said I can get ink out of the waste lines, they are clear. It is the nozzles that are not getting ink through.

Jimmydoo

Jimmydoo
Also I pour cleaning solution through capping station on a daily basis to ensure all drainage lines are free from dried ink build up. Hope this helps.

Signchief

Maintenance station is a couple months old I'm getting cross contamination in one damper after replacing all of them. It seems like I'm getting a good seal on the cap. Head is about five years old. I'm replacing the manifold next hoping its the problem. Missing a majority of nozzles.

heyskull

Your head is on the maximum life time for one of these machines.
I thought the manifolds were bonded to the head on the DX5 and were non removable.
If your head is still printing fine I would be changing the head cable, dampers and a new maintenance station.
Even if the station is newish I would replace as I have had faulty ones before.

SC

First you should attach a syringe to the clear tubes that come from the pump. if you do not have a slitter you can attach to one and pinch the other off. Try pulling ink. Do you hear any slurping sound. If so the cap is the culprit. This is one of the most common issues. Most of the time I change the complete station because there is ink all over it and the wiper slider will fail next.if you do not hear anything then you need to move to the next step.