• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

VJ1614 Nozzle check ok / banding in K&C

graceman

Hi everyone, i fight with annoying banding in K and C channels while M + Y is alright. See pictures and compare nozzle check vs. nozzle pattern printed in service mode. Printhead is about 1 year old, used
daily printing mild volumes. Cleaning does not help, using I2 interweaving makes things even worse. I know that many of you will come with good old 'time for the new head' advice but can anyone tell why do i
get almost perfect nozzle check with no deflection but such a heavy banding?

Attachments

• K_MG_7736.jpg
    K_MG_7736.jpg
    135.4 KB · Views: 246
  • C_MG_7737.jpg
    C_MG_7737.jpg
    118.2 KB · Views: 171

henryp

I would not consider that an almost nozzle perfect nozzle check pattern. Having 2 overlapping nozzles is sometimes just as bad as having a missing nozzle.

foliexperten

Hello Graceman.

Hi everyone, i fight with annoying banding in K and C channels while M + Y is alright. See pictures and compare nozzle check vs. nozzle pattern printed in service mode. Printhead is about 1 year old, used
daily printing mild volumes. Cleaning does not help, using I2 interweaving makes things even worse. I know that many of you will come with good old 'time for the new head' advice but can anyone tell why do i
get almost perfect nozzle check with no deflection but such a heavy banding?

Did you find which one it was the reason for that banding? I have same problem but with all 4 colours.One more think: how can i print nozzle pattern in service mode?
thank you in advance.