Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

vote 4 signs101 app

Discussion in 'General Chit-Chat' started by ironchef, Sep 17, 2012.

1. ironchef

ironchef Very Active Member

May 1, 2012
    Miami, FL
    I cant wait till theres an android/apple app for signs101. Im so tired of using forum runner. Anyone agree?

Tags:
  2. WildWestDesigns

WildWestDesigns Major Contributor

Sep 27, 2010
    Mid TN
    I am game. I could take my addiction to another level then.

3. qmr55

qmr55 Very Active Member

Jun 3, 2010
    Yardville NJ
  4. Pat Whatley

Pat Whatley Major Contributor

Sep 29, 2003
    Wetumpka, AL
    NoooooO! Change is the devil.

5. TheSnowman

TheSnowman Major Contributor

Aug 28, 2007
    Indiana
    We tried Tapatalk first if I remember right, and it always posted pictures off site or something. I've had both...they really didn't seem mega different, but that was over a year ago, so maybe my brain forgot.

6. ironchef

May 1, 2012
    Miami, FL
    Make an app. And charge for it. Ill gladly pay whatever you charge, within reason of coarse.

7. WildWestDesigns

WildWestDesigns Major Contributor

Sep 27, 2010
    Mid TN
    I know we tried two at one time, but I can't for the life of me remember what that other one was, but I'm pretty sure that it was the issue of off-site pic posting.

What can I say, I've slept since then.

8. Fred Weiss

Fred Weiss Merchant Member

Sep 11, 2003
    Olympia, WA
    Yes. We tried Tapatalk first and there were two issues as I recall. One was their storing pics and other stuff off site and the other was a virus infection. We'll just stay with Forum Runner.

9. insignia

insignia Very Active Member

I actually don't mind Forum Runner personally. It's not perfect, but really, we're trying to browse a big forum with a little phone...

10. CES020

CES020 Very Active Member

Oct 16, 2008
    VA
    ForumRunner was bought by vBulletin, the maker of the forum software, if I recall correctly.

11. Fred Weiss

Sep 11, 2003
    Olympia, WA
    Not that I ever heard about. vBulletin 4 came out with their own smartphone extra cost add-on. Forum runner supports a number of competitive forums as well ... so I doubt that vBulletin owns them.

12. CES020

CES020 Very Active Member

Oct 16, 2008
    VA
    Might not be true Fred, that's just what I read on some other forum some time ago. I do believe it's now integrated into vbulletin and it's just a plug-in now. So you can just go to the plug-ins and install it directly from vbulletin now if I understand it right.

13. Fred Weiss

Sep 11, 2003
    Olympia, WA
    Yes but they've been a plugin ever since I set it up originally. As a side note, it may interest you and others to know that I have never seen what it looks like because I don't have a smartphone. I rely on the feedback of other members which has been good ever since we set it up originally.

14. SightLine

SightLine Very Active Member

Only thing I dont like about most of those is they bug you everytime you visit a site that has the plugin to install it and use if you do not have it. I dont use a smartphone and of course do not get the popup on my desktop but I do use my tablet a lot. The tablet though has a large enough screen that I prefer the normal site, so I get tired of getting a popup everytime I go to a site on my tablet and have to click to close the stupid popup letting me know I can use some app I'm not interested in using.

15. garisimo

garisimo Member

Oct 14, 2009
    USA
    How about a custom icon, then?

When are you going to get us a s101 icon on FR?

16. Fred Weiss

Sep 11, 2003
    Olympia, WA
    Should be one there.

Attached Files:

17. Mainframe

Mainframe Active Member

Aug 7, 2008
    New Brighton Pa
    I think FR works great on the iphone, no complaints here.

18. garisimo

garisimo Member

Oct 14, 2009
    USA
    Right -- I had to delete the No Icon from my home page, and then re-save the favorite from the search screen. Much more better.

Thanks!

-g-

19. ironchef

May 1, 2012
    Miami, FL
    True. I have no complaints either on fr... i just think you can make extra money selling an app on both apple and android platforms...its the future. I understand it wont happen anytime soon. But is it on the back burner at least?

20. Gene@mpls

Gene@mpls Very Active Member

Jun 17, 2003
    Blaine, Mn

+1