• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

vote 4 signs101 app

ironchef

I cant wait till theres an android/apple app for signs101. Im so tired of using forum runner. Anyone agree?

TheSnowman

We tried Tapatalk first if I remember right, and it always posted pictures off site or something. I've had both...they really didn't seem mega different, but that was over a year ago, so maybe my brain forgot.

WildWestDesigns

We tried Tapatalk first if I remember right, and it always posted pictures off site or something.

I know we tried two at one time, but I can't for the life of me remember what that other one was, but I'm pretty sure that it was the issue of off-site pic posting.

What can I say, I've slept since then.

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
Yes. We tried Tapatalk first and there were two issues as I recall. One was their storing pics and other stuff off site and the other was a virus infection. We'll just stay with Forum Runner.

Letterbox Mike

I actually don't mind Forum Runner personally. It's not perfect, but really, we're trying to browse a big forum with a little phone...

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
ForumRunner was bought by vBulletin, the maker of the forum software, if I recall correctly.

Not that I ever heard about. vBulletin 4 came out with their own smartphone extra cost add-on. Forum runner supports a number of competitive forums as well ... so I doubt that vBulletin owns them.

CES020

Might not be true Fred, that's just what I read on some other forum some time ago. I do believe it's now integrated into vbulletin and it's just a plug-in now. So you can just go to the plug-ins and install it directly from vbulletin now if I understand it right.

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
Might not be true Fred, that's just what I read on some other forum some time ago. I do believe it's now integrated into vbulletin and it's just a plug-in now. So you can just go to the plug-ins and install it directly from vbulletin now if I understand it right.

Yes but they've been a plugin ever since I set it up originally. As a side note, it may interest you and others to know that I have never seen what it looks like because I don't have a smartphone. I rely on the feedback of other members which has been good ever since we set it up originally.

SightLine

║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█
Only thing I dont like about most of those is they bug you everytime you visit a site that has the plugin to install it and use if you do not have it. I dont use a smartphone and of course do not get the popup on my desktop but I do use my tablet a lot. The tablet though has a large enough screen that I prefer the normal site, so I get tired of getting a popup everytime I go to a site on my tablet and have to click to close the stupid popup letting me know I can use some app I'm not interested in using.

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member

Attachments

• sketch2_128_New_2.jpg
    sketch2_128_New_2.jpg
    39.6 KB · Views: 104

garisimo

Right -- I had to delete the No Icon from my home page, and then re-save the favorite from the search screen. Much more better.

Thanks!

-g-

ironchef

True. I have no complaints either on fr... i just think you can make extra money selling an app on both apple and android platforms...its the future. I understand it wont happen anytime soon. But is it on the back burner at least?

Gene@mpls

Only thing I dont like about most of those is they bug you everytime you visit a site that has the plugin to install it and use if you do not have it. I dont use a smartphone and of course do not get the popup on my desktop but I do use my tablet a lot. The tablet though has a large enough screen that I prefer the normal site, so I get tired of getting a popup everytime I go to a site on my tablet and have to click to close the stupid popup letting me know I can use some app I'm not interested in using.

+1