• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help Vp-300 Head Replacement

Signs101Admin

Owner
Staff member
I have a VP-300 the machine is 10+ years old, was not used every day, but the head have dried out a few times. It still printed BUT the blacks aren't black and I get overspray.

So I wonder it replacement is worth and something that can be done by a non- Tech. I do mostly everything myself I'm very mechanically inclined I don't think I would have a problem replacing them. The service tech want's 1200.00 per head but I can get the heads for 500.00 each. So is it worth getting it done or doing it myself?

mark-s

I got a new head for 500.00 and had a tech install for 100.00 on a 5 year old SP 300V.
Works great.

mark-s

ikarasu

Our techs dont care where the parts come from... We spend so much money on media / ink / consumables, that its in their interest to get our machine working.

That said they told us they dont warranty it - If the head is faulty (Slim chance), it's our problem and not theirs... So when/if we get a new head, we'll be paying the $100 again. (I'm up in Canada, so our tech is $150 per hour + 1 hour travel time... so it's more like $300 for me :( ) But still worth it to buy your own parts.

2B

we have done several head swaps on our VS models, if you are mechanically inclined you can do it easy.
Take your time, take pictures or a GoPro so you know where everything goes, especially on your first head swap.

our in house gear head, always wears latex gloves to minimize the oils from your skin getting on sensitive parts and be very careful when you are cleaning so the cleaning fluids are not getting smeared / dripped randomly.

we usually get our parts from www.digiprint-supplies.com

player

How did your install go my man? First time for you? Im going in on my 540V next week. You get yours off the web? Any problems? Ill be looking to get one too but getting nervous about the bad reveiws on some of the sellers. Any tips or tricks feel free to share. thanks
If you buy from Digiprint they warranty it and it will be a real head.