• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

VP-300 over spray

player

Could also be dirty encoder strip, partially clogged damper, or a head that is not level. Or static.

Are you using OEM inks? Have you had any head strikes?

Is it all colours? Is it only on one side or even all the way around?

Can you post a test print? A shot of the overspray?

Tizz

Changed my encoder strip a few months back and this stopped the over spray I was getting too. Also noticed static on certain media that also caused this.
Replacing the encoder strip did the trick for me.

mvp-graphics

Changed my encoder strip a few months back and this stopped the over spray I was getting too. Also noticed static on certain media that also caused this.
Replacing the encoder strip did the trick for me.
I'm having same issues. Where did you purchase your encoder strip?

Tizz

Purhased it from eBay and was sent from China. Had to trim it down and cut a hole in it myself but it saved me a lot of mulah!
At first I wasn't sure if it would suit or not but took the chance. Now I keep a spare on hand.
Don't forget to run the calibrations and setups.. when replacing .

mvp-graphics

Update....

I purchased a new print head. Problem NOT resolved but is waaay better. Not sure what to do now. As for the clogged head, it's perfect now, but as for the overspray, still there but minimal. I have replaced the dampers along with the head and cleaned the encoder strip again too.

Questsion though, my greys are looking real spotty now. Weird.

Tizz

I just performed a thorough clean on the weekend. Was having overspray issues but I know for a fact I have a couple deflections in my Yellow / Magenta head and I will be replacing in the near future.
Overapray issues was very minimal after the clean there was dust and buildup on the encoder strip but this seems to always fix my overapray issues.
Static from the media causes this also.

Have you replaced this strip or even flip it and use the other side?

Hey mvp-graphics,

Tizz is right, static can be a significant contributor to deflection and over-spray, along with a possible encoder scale/sensor issue. Based on the description provided, we're thinking static.

We’ve even published a static bulletin available for viewing here: http://support.rolanddga.com/docs/d...es/static suppression for roland printers.pdf (Don't forget to check other causes, such as humidity around the printer, not just the room temp).

You'll have to verify the environmental conditions for the printer. It's recommended to take at meter that can measure the humidity “at” the printer. If it's out of operating range, then adjust the room environment to get the humidity to an acceptable range (the values are found in the specifications section of the user manual).

Ultimately if the problem(s) continue, please submit an "official" Roland support request form online here: Product Support Form | Roland

If you do write us, we look forward to helping you and take care,

Roland Technical Support
Roland DGA Corp.
rn