Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

VP 540 F2 fuse keeps blowing

Discussion in 'Roland' started by DaveDickhoff, Sep 25, 2012.

1. DaveDickhoff

DaveDickhoff New Member

Sep 14, 2012
    VP540 B/C not printing F2 fuse keeps blowing

Hi Everybody,

Can someone help me with the following problem on my VP540. I read a lot of questions and solutions about blown fuses on the mainboard when black/cyan are not printing, but not the exact problem i have, so i try to explain it.
    The fuse will be good when i remove all the cables from the mainboard and put the power on, after placing one by one all the cables it blows when i place the flatcabel from the mainboard to the servoboard and put the subpower on(servicecall on the display).
    When i only use the mainpower there is not a problem, it will only blow when putting on the subpower.
    Has someone experience with removing al the cables from the servoboard and putting them one by one until the fuse blows(ther are a lot off cables on that servoboard, as powercables etc.)?
    Or is it probably yet one off the transistors on the mainboard that keeps on blowing my fuse....

many thanks,

Dave

Last edited: Sep 25, 2012
    Tags:
  2. 34Ford

34Ford Member

Nov 10, 2005
    I had this problem once and it was one of the ribbon cables that goes to the heads, it wasn't seated good in the connector.
    Whatever you do dont plug in these cables while the power is on.

3. DaveDickhoff

DaveDickhoff New Member

Sep 14, 2012
    Hi Dennis,

Thnx for the quick reply, sure i always gets the machine without power when switching cables/fuses. But there are no cables from the servoboard to the heads, i think you intended the print carriage board.

4. 34Ford

34Ford Member

Nov 10, 2005
    Yep, your right.

5. DaveDickhoff

DaveDickhoff New Member

Sep 14, 2012
    Update

The transistor on the mainboard in broken(TG), i will post an update when i replaced it.

6. DaveDickhoff

DaveDickhoff New Member

Sep 14, 2012
    Fixed!

It was indeed the transister on the mainboard, i replaced the set. Lesson: when the transistor is broken, the fuse will stay ok with the mainpower on, it will only blow when putting on the subpower.
    Also the fuse was ok when putting on the mainpower with al the flatcabels off the mainboard.